Syncing between 1password mac 3.8.22 and 4.4.1 and other questions

Options
jotap_66
jotap_66
Community Member
edited September 2014 in Mac

I have

• two ios devices with 1password 3.7.2 and ios 7.

• two macs with 1password mac 3.8.22. In one mac mavericks, and in the other 10.6.8 (it is old)

I want to update the ios devices to ios 8 and I have several questions:

1) Is 1pasword 3.7.2 compatible with ios 8?

This could be the ideal solution for me because I could use 3.8.22, in both macs....

2) Anyway I must think in upgrading all.

Then, is possible to synchronize (o to copy) the 1password.agilekeychain file, back and forth 1password 3.8.22 and 1passwod 4.4.1?

3) I suppose that for WIFI synchonize 1password 3.7.2 in ios , I need the 3.8.22 version in a Mac. And For synchronize with 1password 5 in ios, I need 1password Mac 4.4.1? Am I right?

Regards

Jesus Peinado

Comments

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    edited September 2014
    Options

1) Is 1pasword 3.7.2 compatible with ios 8?

I can't imagine that 1Password 3 for iOS would work properly on iOS 8, but it has not been tested for compatibility with iOS 8. Development on 1Password 3 for iOS stopped in 2012 when it was removed from sale on the App Store at the time 1Password 4 for iOS was released.

is possible to synchronize (o to copy) the 1password.agilekeychain file, back and forth 1password 3.8.22 and 1passwod 4.4.1?

There is not a way to keep 1Password 3 for iOS in sync with 1Password 4 for Mac. You'd need to stick with 1Password 4 on both iOS and Mac if you insisted on sticking with 1Password 3 on iOS, but, again, I don't think it will work in iOS 8.

3) I suppose that for WIFI synchonize 1password 3.7.2 in ios , I need the 3.8.22 version in a Mac. And For synchronize with 1password 5 in ios, I need 1password Mac 4.4.1? Am I right?

That is precisely correct. The huge improvements in Wi-Fi Sync in 1Password 4 for iOS (and now 1Password 5 for iOS) require 1Password 4 for Mac.

The basic features of 1Password 5 for iOS are available completely free, and you can use the free trial of 1Password 4 for Mac if you wanted to try before you buy. If you do decide to upgrade, don't forget to enjoy your 50% discount since you are an existing user. :)

If we can be of further assistance, please let us know. We are always here to help!

This discussion has been closed.