Why won't 1P4 sync between my mac and my iPhone 6 (using WiFi)?

Options
ellemmbee
ellemmbee
Community Member

I just updated 1P on my Mac to version 4 (version 4.4.1) running on my Macbook Air (OSX 10.9.4). I also just downloaded 1P4 to my iphone6. I would like to sync the two together using WiFi. I have both the Mac and the iPhone on the same WiFi network. When I go to Window-Wifi-Sync on my Mac it generates a code - but nothing happens within the app on my phone. When I go to Wi-fi sync on the phone, it gives me the instructions to open 1P on my Mac and go to WiFi sync. But nothing happens. I've tried to do this a few times - both with "create a new vault" and "Sync an existing vault" on iphone. Neither works.

Anyone have a fix for this?

Comments

• Stephen_C
    Stephen_C
    Community Member
    Options

Are you by any chance running any specific anti-virus or firewall software? There is a thread here (on the 1P for iOS forum) with one or two other ideas you might consider trying. Please let us know if any of that helps.

Stephen

• ellemmbee
    ellemmbee
    Community Member
    Options

Hi Stephen - thank you for the response. I looked through the thread you recommended, and I followed the steps to set up an adhoc network for syncing. It worked!!

Thank you!

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Great news! Thanks for letting us know that everything is working well. :)

On behalf of Stephen, you are quite welcome. If we can be of further assistance, please let us know. We are always here to help!

This discussion has been closed.