Categories: why are mine different than my husbands? Both running 4.4.1...

Options
Elizabeth Meister
Elizabeth Meister
Community Member

Totally frustrating: I went in to show my husband how great 1Password is, and to give him a basic tutorial. However, his category list is different than mine, missing certain items. I have looked everywhere online to try to figure out how to add/show categories to no avail. Not a great way to convince him how fabulous this program is. Help -- how can I set up our desktop 1Passwords so they are consistent?

Comments

• littlebobbytables
    Options

I believe 1Password hides categories in the side bar, well certain ones anyway, if the user doesn't have any entries of that type. Simply create one and the category will appear in the list. It's 1Password's attempt to declutter the list.

• sjk
    sjk
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi Elizabeth,

The Logins, Secure Notes, Credit Cards, and Identities categories are always in the sidebar even when they're empty. All the rest will only appear when an item of that type is created, like @littlebobbytables mentioned, and disappear when empty.

You can drag categories around in the sidebar to put them in your preferred order. To get the reordering to stick after doing that, you'll need to restart 1Password mini by selecting Help > Troubleshooting > Restart 1Password mini in the menu. Or you can press the Control-Command-Q (⌃⌘Q) keyboard shortcut to quit 1Password and 1Password mini, then relaunch 1Password. And you'll have to unlock it again. Also note that the order of categories in 1Password mini will be the same as in the main application.

Please let us know if you have other questions. I hope that helps. :)

This discussion has been closed.