Feature Request: Pls add "TAGS" to the EXPORT function

Options
Lamplighter
Lamplighter
Community Member

TAGS are a very useful organizational tool, but the TAGS field currently is not an option among the other 6 fields.
Being able to export the entire TAGS field of each item (e.g., into a spreadsheet) would be a useful and flexible enhancement .

I use TAGS to track which logins in my primary vault are shared with other people via secondary vaults

Another example, @benfdic discusses TAGS and "Estate Planning" here

" One solution would be to have a separate "estate planning" vault, Keeping the estate planning vault in sync with one’s working vault could turn out to be something of a chore, but the multiple vault feature introduced in 1Password 4 could be a big help. Set up a separate Estate Planning vault, use an EstatePlanning tag to designate items that belong there, "share" all tagged items to that vault on a regular basis, and give your executor access only to the Estate Planning vault rather than your main vault. "

Please add TAGS as an option to the File> Export> Selected/All Items>Tab- /Comma-Delimited functions

Comments

• Rad
    Rad
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @Lamplighter‌,

Tags are a very useful organizational tool indeed! :+1: But so are multiple vaults. It's really a matter of personal taste :wink:

Here are the instruction to export all items tagged with a specific tag:

• Select the tag in question in the sidebar
    • Select all items in the item list
    • Go to File > Export > Selected Items...

Please let me know if this helps.

Cheers!

Rad

• Lamplighter
    Lamplighter
    Community Member
    edited October 2014
    Options

Sorry Rad, but I think you have misunderstood my request. Your instructions do export those items with a given tag.

But I'm interested in having the exported file actually include ALL of the TAGS associated with each item.

So, in a tab-delimited file, each (Login) item in the list might optionally be represented as: Type<>Title<>Username<>TAGS<>Notes

ETA: I'm assuming all of the TAGS for a given item would be in a single field because that is the way it appears on the Edit screen for a given item. So in my example above, a given item with 3 tags would be exported as:

Type<>Title<>Username<>Ohio Utah Oregon<>Notes

• MrC
    MrC
    Volunteer Moderator
    Options

FYI: Tags are available in the 1PIF format export. They are in an array of "tags":

{"tags":["Favorite","XFolder","My Tag"]}

The CSV export is always going to be limited, whereas the 1PIF contains everything.

• sjk
    sjk
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @Lamplighter,

@MrC is correct. I hope that information he posted is useful for you.

Turns out you can currently include tags in CSV exports. With the All Fields export option enabled, you can see the Tags field bubble:

You can include that (and other fields) when the Common Field option is enabled:

I hope that's also useful. :)

• Lamplighter
    Lamplighter
    Community Member
    Options

How about that ! I had completely overlooked the "All fields" option, so I really need to RTFM.

I experimented a little, and felt that the "All Fields" display field would be very difficult to use. But all of those fields can be Copy/Paste into a simple text document for editing. I was able to create a template of just the fields that I want in my export routine. I Copy/Paste that template back into the Export menu. It works ! With the creatioon of a Secure Note, and now have my template inside 1P that is easy to access whenever I need it.

Just goes to show how versatile 1Password can be. Excellent program !

Thx much, sjk

• Rad
    Rad
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @Lamplighter‌,

On behalf of Scott, thank you!

I'm so happy that you've sorted it all out :+1:

Thank for sharing too :wink:

Cheers!

Rad

• sjk
    sjk
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hey @Lamplighter,

Like Rad, I'm also happy to hear you got this sorted out. :)

I experimented a little, and felt that the "All Fields" display field would be very difficult to use.

It is. The CSV exporter custom field interface could be improved and I've included your comment with a related request in our tracker.

But all of those fields can be Copy/Paste into a simple text document for editing.

That would have been my suggestion for more easily viewing all the available custom field choices but you didn't need it. :)

I was able to create a template of just the fields that I want in my export routine. I Copy/Paste that template back into the Export menu. It works ! With the creatioon of a Secure Note, and now have my template inside 1P that is easy to access whenever I need it.

Smart!

ref: OPM-2280

This discussion has been closed.