Can't find existing data file - 1P3 for Mac

Options
omccreary
omccreary
Community Member

I've been using 1Password for a couple of years. I usually use the Firefox extension (v3.9.20). Now I want to upgrade to the latest version, which I think is 1P3 for Mac

The installation instructions say I have to disable/delete the Firefox browser extension - https://guides.agilebits.com/1password-mac-kb/5/en/topic/uninstall-jse3. First step is to verify that 1Password has all my data. But when I start the 1Password application outside the browser, I get the message: "welcome to 1Password. To start we will have to set up your data file. If you are new to 1Password, click New Data File, otherwise click Find Existing."

So I click "Find Existing" and I'm in a Finder window, but I have no idea what file I'm looking for or where to find it. I believe I'm using Dropbox to sync with my iPhone (though it's recently stopped working), so it's probably in my Dropbox folder. But the only thing I see in Dropbox is a folder titled "1Password file" - but it's empty. I've done a search on "This Mac" for any file starting with 1P, but can't find any data file. I've also checked iCloud Drive and Google Drive, but can't find anything.

I'm stuck. What should I do now?

Thanks for your help.

Comments

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @omccreary‌

I'm so sorry to hear that you're having trouble! In order to get this sorted out, I'll need to know a little bit more about your 1Password ecosystem:

• What are the version numbers of 1Password and your operating system for all computers and devices running 1Password?
    • Where is your most up-to-date data: on your iOS device or in the 1Password extension?

The more detail you can provide, the more quickly we'll be able to get you sorted out! :)

This discussion has been closed.