Question mark instead of app in dock after updating [Resolved - drag new version to dock]

Options
TPT
TPT
Community Member
edited October 2014 in Mac

I just updated to 5, I now get a Question Mark "?" on my side bar where 1password use to sit. Nothing happens when I click on it. Very Concerned!

Comments

• hawkmoth
    hawkmoth
    Community Member
    Options

This happened to me too. The question mark means that the shortcut no longer refers to an installed program. Your previous version was replaced by version 5. Go to the application folder and drag the application to the dock. Then you'll be good. You can delete the icon with the question mark.

At least that was my experience. Hope that helps you too.

• TPT
    TPT
    Community Member
    Options

Wow, thanks. When you count on your software as much as we do in this day and age, you can have a heart attack when you believe for just one second all of your passwords are gone. Thanks for the help. It worked

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @TPT,

I'm glad to hear that @hawkmoth was able to avert a heart attack for you! I apologize for the trouble.

Since this issue is resolved, I'll close this thread, but if you have any further questions or concerns, please don't hesitate to open a new thread, or email us directly at support@agilebits.com - we're here for you. :)

This discussion has been closed.