create a new vault

Options
BillM
BillM
Community Member

Using the latest revision of iOS 1Password and Mac 1Password and the latest revisions of Apple iOS and Yosemite. I would like to create a new vault for items I want to wifi sync with my Mac and iPhone. I do not care to wifi sync my primary vault, just a new vault created only for items I care to have on my iPhone. Anyway to do this? It appears that only the primary vault will sync between devices.

Comments

• thightower
    thightower
    Community Member
    Options

@BillM‌

Thats my understanding as well, I could be wrong. Maybe one of the admins or another user who uses wifi sync can chime in. I see the primary vault is selectable in setting for wifi sync, so maybe indeed I am wrong.

cc @Megan Can you give some insight into this ?

• MikeT
    edited November 2014
    Options

Hi guys,

@BillM, at the moment there is no way to configure a specific vault to be sync'ed over Wi-Fi without the rest of the vaults. Your best option is Dropbox, that's the only way to only sync one specific vault.

Also, while Wi-Fi sync is limited to the primary vault, it will not be for long. We have everything ready in the iOS app but the Mac app needs a bit more TLC before we enable multiple-vault sync support for Wi-Fi. When it is available in the near future, all vaults will be automatically sync'ed in both directions.

We do have some plans to allow you to select which vaults to sync via Wi-Fi but that's further down the line. I don't have a timeframe on this.

This discussion has been closed.