1Password4>5 Free Yosemite upgrade. [Resolved]

Options
dholweb
dholweb
Community Member
edited November 2014 in Mac

Hi there,

I've read the sticky at the top of this discussion list, but unless I'm misunderstanding, it's not helping me.

I was a 1Password 4 licensed user, and when I upgraded to Yosemite I took advantage of the free upgrade to 1Password 5. However, last weekend my HD failed so I had to restore my mac from a backup to a new hard drive.

After the restore 1Password 5 was prompting with 'trial expired'. I've followed the instructions in the 'sticky' to be resent my license info. However, the email received only gives me a text copy of the license key, whereas when I go to enter my license info into version 5, it only gives me the option to add a license file.

I thought, maybe I need to go back to 1Password 4, enter my license details again and do the upgrade, so I uninstalled 5, and reinstalled 4, but that didn't work either as even version 4 is only allowing me to add a license file too, and doesn't give me an option to just enter my key.

Can you advise what I'm doing wrong, and what I need to do to rectify this?

Comments

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @dholweb‌

I apologize for the confusion here! Our licensing did change between 1Password 3 and 1Password 4: version 3 used a license key, and version 4 moved to a downloadable license file.

I did a quick search in our back office records using the email address attached to your forum account, and I was able to locate a license for 1Password 3 for Mac and 1Password 4 for Windows.

Is it possible that you didn't upgrade your license from version 3 to version 4? The upgrade from 1Password 3 for Mac to 1Password 4 for Mac was a paid upgrade, although the software didn't nag you much if you were using version 4 without a license. We've fixed this code in version 5, which is why you might be seeing this prompt for the first time. If you think you did upgrade to version 4 on your Mac, please send me a private message with some alternate names or email addresses that you may have used to purchase the license - I'd be happy to search a bit further into our records. If you purchased version 4 directly from the Mac App Store, we will not have your purchase information here, as your license is tied directly to your AppleID.

ref: 319543

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @dholweb,

Since we've gotten your license question sorted out via private messages, I'll close this thread, but if you have any further questions or concerns, please don't hesitate to open a new thread, or email us directly at support@agilebits.com - we're here for you. :)

This discussion has been closed.