Support for fingerprint unlock [released]

LLP
LLP
Community Member
edited March 2016 in Android

Support for fingerprint unlock, when will this be implemented ? after switshing from iphone5s to android i was really dissapointed that this is not a feature allready working on Samsung S6 fx.

Comments

• samtheboo
    samtheboo
    Community Member
    edited October 2014

On my S5, I am really happy with the fingerprint sensor, and was wondering if you could make it so that rather then entering the master password, you can just swipe your finger, and you're in.

• Hi @samtheboo‌. Thank you for your feedback. I will add this to our issue tracker so our development team can look into it.

• GopalSri
    GopalSri
    Community Member

When enabling fingerprint Scanner support in A droid, please ensure you support several popular brands, like HUAWEI and HTC, in addition to Samsung. The newer brands are growing well.

• @GopalSri Thank you for the feedback. I'll pass that on to our team and add your vote for this request. :)

• oncleben31
    oncleben31
    Community Member

I'm interested in having this feature too for my new S5

• baobeimm
    baobeimm
    Community Member

+1 , I would love to have this feature for my S5

• I'll include your votes for this request, thanks.

• uofmike
    uofmike
    Community Member

Add my vote as well too, please. I just got my Samsung Galaxy Note 4 and would like to use the finger print scanner for this app. I have not decided between signing up for 1 Password or LastPass yet and the fact that LastPass supports finger print sensors is a big plus.

• Thanks, I passed on your vote for fingerprint scanner support.

• yigit
    yigit
    Community Member

Hello, I've just got a Samsung Galaxy Note 4, and it would be great to have that fingerprint support here as well.

• Thank you for your vote.

• Thanks Sameer for your feedback. I'm not able to say when fingerprint support will become available, but it is something our team will be looking into for devices such as the Samsung Galaxy Note 4.

• alexmegremis
    alexmegremis
    Community Member

Hi folks,

Note 4 user here, I'm also hugely keen to see fingerprint support for 1Password.

Thanks for chasing it up.

• peri
    edited January 2015

I'm adding your vote, @alexmegremis‌. Thanks!

ref: [OPA-321]

• byronbrewer
    byronbrewer
    Community Member

Add one for me too. Would love to utilize the fingerprint feature on my Tab S.

• @byronbrewer‌ You got it. I've added yours as well. :)

• chaliluc
    chaliluc
    Community Member

Please count me in as well, I use 1password on a Galaxy Note 4.

• Thanks for your vote @chaliluc‌ :)

• aiacciu
    aiacciu
    Community Member

Hello +1
    I use 1password on S5

• We appreciate the feedback. I will certainly pass on your vote!

• peter9
    peter9
    Community Member

+1 more. Would really love to have support for my fingerprint on the S5.

• Thanks @peter9! I'm adding your vote. :)

• atvunk
    atvunk
    Community Member

I have a galaxy s5, I'd love to see fingerprint support as well. Thanks!

• Hey there, @atvunk I'm adding your :+1: as well. Thanks for the feedback!

• casre1
    casre1
    Community Member

Finger print scan would be fantastic for those devices that support that form off authentication. So, would it be worth the effort....over to you Agilebits.

• Aspirety
    Aspirety
    Community Member

+1. Note 4 user, would love Fingerprint Sensor support!

• Thank you for your votes! I'll pass that on to our developers :)

• @sameerchavan It's not something we have immediate plans for. Our developers are implementing a couple of different features for the next release of 1Password! We added fingerprint support among the list of features our developers will review next.

This discussion has been closed.