Support for fingerprint unlock [released]

Comments

• JonnieD
    JonnieD
    Community Member

I 4,327th the request for this feature. It's absurd to have to type in 12 odd characters to access this. Frankly I would not have bought the app had I known this was not a feature.

• intorid
    intorid
    Community Member
    edited November 2015

Hey, the great guru! :)
    I got my magnificent Nexus 5X, found that 1Password is not supported by fingerprint (imprint)
    While buying Nexus 5X specifically for easy management of the program 1Password quick and high-quality prints for the module it is safer to use than a long password. Password uncomfortable typing small buttons! It is waiting for renovation favorite 1Password, I hope that soon there will be support for fingerprint module (imprint) it would be great !!!
    Thank you! 8-)

• Arm
    Arm
    Community Member

It does not make much sense if it only replaces pin, we still need to be able to completely replace master password. I'm ok with the option to store encrypted password on my phone since android is safe but just replacing pin it's still damn anoying that after closing the app or restartimg phone we need to enter that terrible password on our phones. :) @brenty

• Really appreciate the feedback and we understand the importance of the fingerprint scanner. We have a Nexus 5X, as well, and the fingerprint scanner is super fast! 1Password will be supporting the Nexus imprint very soon! Stay tuned!

• saad
    edited November 2015

@Arm Once you have unlocked your vault using your Master Password and enabled Fingerprint Unlock, you won't need to enter your Master Password again between launches (unless the maximum number of invalid fingerprint attempts are made). So unlike PIN Code, you will be able to use Fingerprint Unlock without having to enter the Master Password after a reboot, or after 1Password has stopped running.

Hope this helps!

• Arm
    Arm
    Community Member

@saad If that's true then I can't wait,!!! :D any news or predictions on when we're going to get to play with beta? Soon has been going on for over a month now :D

• We are very excited about this feature and we really can’t wait to share it with our users! :) With the recent release of Android Marshmallow and Nexus 5X/6P with Imprint, all I am able to say right now is that we are working very hard to bring it to our users as soon as we can. It will likely go into the beta first, so be sure to sign up for it (if you haven't already).

• Arm
    Arm
    Community Member

I've signed up almost a month ago now so really excited for this! :)

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@Arm: Me too! :chuffed: :+1:

@sameerchavan: Please scroll up. It definitely hasn't been two years since Android M was released with fingerprint unlock — 52 days ago, actually! We've got some things in the works, and we'll release it When It's Done™. ;)

• 411pass
    411pass
    Community Member

I think he's talking about material design.

• uilhao
    uilhao
    Community Member

just to add another voice to the thread, waiting anxiously for this feature. thanks

• opuntia2
    opuntia2
    Community Member

@saad what do you mean by "...or after 1Password has stopped running"?

Thanks!

• Arm
    Arm
    Community Member

@brenty don't make us wait too long, it's annoying to have to fall back to diferent apps to have that feature at the moment :)

• Material Design is in the works and it looks amazing! We are really excited to be able to share it with you soon, just a little bit longer. :chuffed:

• saad
    edited November 2015

@opuntia2 There are a couple of ways to have 1Password exit and stop running in the background. You can do it by going into the overflow menu and selecting exit, or exiting 1Password through your Recent list of running applications. There are also times when the Android OS will stop 1Password from the background to free up system resources. This also stops and exits 1Password.

In cases when 1Password exits, the master password is required and the PIN Code is deactivated. Once you enter the master password and unlock your vault again, the PIN Code is active until 1Password stops running.

For the fingerprint implementation, this is not the case. Even if 1Password stops running, you will be able to unlock your vault using your fingerprint when you return (not requiring the master password). :)

• BoyBlunder
    BoyBlunder
    Community Member

This wait is agonizing.

• Arm
    Arm
    Community Member

Would be awesome to get some timeframe on this, a week, two... ? THIS WEEK? :dizzy: @saad

• Roadstar
    Roadstar
    Community Member

Having just switched from an iPhone 6 to a Nexus 6P, I can't wait for the Nexus Imprint support.

• deviantintegral
    deviantintegral
    Community Member

On my iPad, I actually have 1Password set up to require my master password after an hour. It's a great security enhancement that I hope makes it to the Android version. It's a nice balance between the convenience of fingerprints and security in limiting the time it gives a thief to come your fingerprints.

• We're as excited to get fingerprint unlock out as you are! Thanks for the feedback everyone. :) Our developers are aware of how important this is, and we're getting close to a release.

• Arm
    Arm
    Community Member

How close? :)

• I'd tell you if I could, but I can't give a specific time frame at the moment. Sorry! :)

• Arm
    Arm
    Community Member

Are we expecting that this year at least? :D @peri

• There are a lot of changes coming into the next beta, so internal testing is very important. We plan to start internal testing starting next week, and once we get the approval, we will look into a public beta.

The team is working hard to get the beta to you as soon as possible! Hope this helps. :)

• Arm
    Arm
    Community Member

@saad Thanks, that does help :)

• Glad to hear that!

• Kent88
    Kent88
    Community Member

Hi, any news about the fingerprint scanning for Android? I have a Nexus 6P and would love to have this. My iphone 6 works beautifully in this aspect with 1password. Thanks!

This discussion has been closed.