This sounds crazy , but true!

Options
Lou215
Lou215
Community Member

One day after downloading trial and testing logging in and out, I cannot login today. Any ideas other than uninstalling the app. Ver.5.0.1

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @Lou215,

Due to how 1Password works, only your Master Password will gain your access to your vault. There is no way to reset a Master Password as such a feature would represent a massive security hole.

All I can of is point you towards a couple of pages we have.

As the final suggestion on that second page states, if nothing else has worked and you are positive that access is lost then your only option is to start over with an empty vault. If it comes down to this I hope you haven't lost anything during your testing.

• Lou215
    Lou215
    Community Member
    Options

Thank you for your quick response. None of the suggested item were successful, unfortunately? Would this work, since I'm using the 30 day trial can I just delete the app. "1password" and then buy it? Will the newly purchased version retain any data like my MasterPassword from the trial addition?

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @Lou215,

Deleting the application won't do any good as the vault is part of the support files. For the same reason purchasing won't solve this particular issue.

If you follow the How do I start over with an empty vault? guide step for step it will completely erase this vault and allow you to continue the trial with a new vault. Every step is important. Ensuring 1Password mini isn't running is important as is the reboot. If you don't you start to see some very funky and unpredictable behaviour due to caching. Keep us updated with your progress :smile:

• Lou215
    Lou215
    Community Member
    Options

I finally got it with your "How to start......". In just recently typing an unrelated email this entire mess could have been brought about by a flaky keyboard.
    I really appreciate your help in getting me going.
    Thanks,
    @Lou215

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @Lou215,

I'm glad to hear that the 'How to start over' article got you sorted out!

I hope that 1Password behaves perfectly for you from now on, but if you have any other questions or concerns, we're here for you! :)

• Lou215
    Lou215
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks Much,
    @Lou215

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni
    Options

No problem at all, we're always happy to help! :)

This discussion has been closed.