I have 1Password on my Mac and iPhone but they don't sync. I need help please

Options
fbridge3rd
fbridge3rd
Community Member

I have 1Password on my Mac, iPhone and iPad. The one on my Mac I use just a primary vault. I cannot open the iPassword on my phone. I must have downloaded it thinking it would just sync with my Mac at some point but it has a password to get in and I do not remember what it is. So it seems I cannot set up syncing between the two because I cannot get into the app. What do I do?

1Password Version: 6.0.1
Extension Version: 4.5.3
OS Version: OS X 10.10.5
Sync Type: iCloud
Referrer: kb:sync-options, ug:mac/sync-icloud, ug:ios/sync-with-icloud, kb:icloud-troubleshooting

Comments

• fbridge3rd
    fbridge3rd
    Community Member
    Options

I do not have anything in the 1Password app on my phone or iPad just my computer

• Winnie
    Winnie
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @fbridge3rd,

welcome to the 1Password forum :) I'll be happy to help you set up syncing between your devices.

Do I assume correctly that you would like to sync your devices using iCloud sync? Please note that for this to work you will have to be signed in to the same Apple ID for iCloud on your Mac, iPhone and iPad.

To start syncing between devices you will have to set up syncing for 1Password for Mac first. Here is how you do this for iCloud:

https://support.1password.com/guides/mac/sync-icloud.html

Once this is set up it's time to head to your iPhone and iPad. If you are sure you have absolutely no data in 1Password for iOS yet I'd suggest deleting the app and installing it again from the App Store - just search for 1Password in App Store > Updates > Purchased and tap on the cloud with the downward arrow. Once 1Password is installed, open the app, select Sync existing vault and then choose Sync with iCloud. We should find the 1Password data your Mac in iCloud and ask you if you want to use. Just follow the steps you get prompted to from there on.

Hope that helps!

-Winnie

This discussion has been closed.