Dropbox synch:Incorrect password on iPad. Okay on iPhone and Mac.

Options
dabrjn
dabrjn
Community Member

Using Dropbox synch. Have deleted app on iPad and reinstalled. Still won't accept master password used on iPhone/Mac.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@dabrjn: It sounds like you may be opening a different vault then. In 1Password for Mac, go to Preferences > Sync and note the path to the vault in Dropbox, then make sure that's the one you're opening on the iPad. Please let me know what you find. I look forward to hearing back from you! :)

• dabrjn
    dabrjn
    Community Member
    Options

Both pointing to agile keychain in root Dropbox directory. One additional piece of info, prior to this problem I had changed master password on iPad. Somehow the password I thought I had changed it to doesn't work on iPad. Original password still works on Mac and iPhone and both show recent synchs to the Dropbox agile keychain.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@dabrjn: Aha! Thanks for mentioning that. When you change the Master Password, you'll need to unlock the other devices using the "old" one first. They don't have the "new" one until they're able to finish syncing. Then the next time you unlock, you can use the new Master Password. Let me know how it turns out! :)

• dabrjn
    dabrjn
    Community Member
    Options

Are you saying I need to change master on both iPhone and Mac too? Both show recent syncs on them already.

• dabrjn
    dabrjn
    Community Member
    Options

iPhone and Mac both show synced just now. Quit 1password on all three devices. Tried signing in on iPad and Mac. Both still use old password. Deleted app from iPad and redownloaded from App Store. Set up for Dropbox sync. There is only one keychain in root Dropbox directory. Won't accept old password. Won't accept new password. Would the following work to fix?

On Mac, stop Dropbox sync so only file is on Mac.
    On iPhone and iPad change to no syncing.
    Delete the Dropbox keychain from Dropbox.
    Verify old password works on Mac.
    Delete apps on both iPad and iPhone.
    Set up Dropbox syncing on Mac.
    Re download apps on iPad and iPhone.
    Set up as no syncing on iPad and iPhone. With empty files.
    Change master password on iPad and iPhone to old password. (Already seems to be old on iPhone anyway.)
    Set up Dropbox syncing on iPhone and iPad.

I'm frustrated....nothing seems to be solving problem on iPad.

• dabrjn
    dabrjn
    Community Member
    Options

Problem solved. Stopped syncing all devices. Deleted 1password.agilekeychain in dropbox root. On mac started syncing with dropbox. It created a new 1password.opvault in a /dropbox/apps/1password folder. Started syncing on iphone and ipad. All is well.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Ah, excellent! Thanks for the update. I'm sorry that you had some trouble, but I'm glad to hear that all is well now. It sounds like you should be all set, but don't hesitate to reach out if we can be of further assistance. We're always here to help! :)

• dabrjn
    dabrjn
    Community Member
    Options

Well, everything was fine on all three devices. Now on my mac, all entries are shown as unknown (except one I just created). It has the correct number of entries, but all say unknown. Using version 6.1 (610005). Data on iPhone, iPad are fine.

• Ben
    Options

Hi @dabrjn,

I'm sorry to hear about the continued trouble. I'd like to ask you to create some Diagnostics Reports, one from each of your devices:

Attach the Diagnostics Report(s) to an email message addressed to support+forum@agilebits.com.

Please do not post your Diagnostics Report(s) in the forums, but please do include a link to this thread in your email, along with your forum handle so that we can "connect the dots" when we see your Diagnostics Report(s) in our inbox.

You should receive an automated reply from our BitBot assistant with a Support ID number. Please post that number here so we can track down the report(s) and ensure that this issue is dealt with quickly. :)

Once we see the report we should be able to better assist you. Thanks very much!

Ben

• dabrjn
    dabrjn
    Community Member
    Options

[#BAE-42543-595]

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@dabrjn: Thanks! I see that we've received your email, so we can continue the conversation there. We'll take a look at the diagnostics and get back to you shortly! :)

ref: BAE-42543-595

This discussion has been closed.