Unable to setup 1password.com vault while connected to VPN

lakario
lakario
Community Member
edited April 2023 in 1Password 7 for Windows

I was just setting up the 1Password 6 Beta with my wife's 1password.com vault and despite entering the credentials correctly, setup was failing. A quick google search returned this post: https://discussions.agilebits.com/discussion/67682/unable-to-sign-in-from-strict-corporate-network.

At this point I realized I was connected to a commercial VPN (www.privateinternetaccess.com). Upon disconnecting from the VPN, sign in was successful.

1Password Version: 6.0.186d
Extension Version: N/A
OS Version: Windows 10
Sync Type: 1password.com

Comments

• mohamedosman
    mohamedosman
    1Password Alumni

Hey @lakario, if you were using a proxy, you would need to configure it, but you shouldn't be having this trouble whilst using a VPN. We need to take a look at your diagnostic information to get a better idea of what's going on.

First, with the VPN on and active, could you go to the search bar in 1Password 6 and enter /sync. Next, open a new File Explorer window and this code into the address bar %localappdata%/1password/diagnostics and find current.txt file there. This is the file you should attach to the message to us at support+forum@agilebits.com.

Please do include a link to this thread in your email, along with your forum username so that we can "connect the dots" when we see your report in our inbox. You should receive an automated reply from our BitBot assistant with a Support ID number. Please post that number here so we can track down your email and make sure you receive a reply as quickly as possible.

Hope to hear from you soon :)

This discussion has been closed.