mac book not syncing. SSL Error

TristanLangford
TristanLangford
Community Member

I updated according to your email recently. Not when I click on check for updates I get the following message An SSL error has occurred and a secure connection to the server cannot be made.
I created a login on my computer, but it's not syncing to my iPhone/ipad.
Also, I'm not sure what billing programme I'm on and wondered if I'd finished a free trial, so subscribed through the iPhone app, but this hasn't fixed it.

1Password Version: 6.6.1
Extension Version: 4.6.3
OS Version: OS X 10.0.3
Sync Type: Not sure
Referrer: forum-search:mac book not syncing. When I try to update I get the following message...An SSL error has occurred and a secure connection to the server cannot be made.

Comments

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni

Hi @TristanLangford,

Sorry to hear you're having some trouble! Version 6.6.1 is currently the latest stable version, so if that's what you're using, there won't currently be any updates available. But even so, you shouldn't be getting an error when checking for updates. Do you still get that error, or was it just temporary? If you reboot your Mac and try again, do you get the same error?

As for the sync problem, it sounds like you signed up for a 1Password.com account from 1Password on your iPhone. Have you signed in to that account in 1Password on your Mac? To check that, open 1Password on your Mac and go to 1Password > Preferences > Accounts. Do you see your account listed there? You should also see that account on your iPhone if you open 1Password and go to Settings > 1Password Accounts.

Please let us know what you find and we'll continue from there. Thanks! :)

• Topic
    Topic
    Community Member

I had a similar problem with SSL errors being flagged up but this thread and Jessica's solution, worked perfectly for me.

Hope that helps.

• TristanLangford
    TristanLangford
    Community Member

I signed up for 1password at your website on an iMac, and downloaded the app (from your website) on my MacBook.
    I also have the apple app store apps on my iPhone and iPad. I use static DNS servers on my router, which may or may not be relevant.

Since the recent update I have had SSL problems (although I accept that the update is a coincidence). I deleted all 1password/agilebits applications and library files. Removed the static DNS and restored to the ISP default, restarted everything and tried to re install...

When I download the app (from apple app store) onto the MacBook, I get all the way to loading my account data and get the message in screenshot 1.
    When I load your web pages I get screenshot 2, which I can click to trust, but then when I go to download apps (webpage) I get screenshot 3.

• TristanLangford
    TristanLangford
    Community Member

(The screenshots above have ended up in reverse order, but I'm sure you can figure it out).

• Hi @TristanLangford,

It sounds like your Mac's got an outdated root cert for GlobalSign. If you launch Keychain Access and look for expired/invalid certs, it will hopefully show this and you could remove it. A reboot from there should hopefully fix things up.

Rick

This discussion has been closed.