To protect your privacy: email us with billing or account questions instead of posting here.

Moving from Mac 1Password App in 2014 to new 1 yr App store membership Yesterday

Options
Dave_chico
Dave_chico
Community Member

As the title says, I purchased 1Password through the Mac App Store on 15 November 2014, but for some reason I let it lapse. Yesterday 12/19/17), I purchased a new 1-yr membership through the App store on an iPhone (iOS 11.2.1 and 1Password version 7.0.3). I re-subscribed thinking the new 1Password membership was cross-platform but it looks like I'm working with two different "accounts"? I'm a little confused on the status of my account. I also can't seem to find a "Secret Key". Both accounts are based on the same email. I don't have that many saved logins but I would like to avoid starting over. Any suggestions? Can I provide any further information? Thanks.

1Password Version: 1Password Version 6.8.5 Mac App Store
Extension Version: 4.6.12
OS Version: OS X 10.12.6 (16G1114)
Sync Type: Dropbox
Referrer: forum-search:Updating Mac access to iOS

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@Dave_chico: Thanks for reaching out. I’m sorry for the confusion! In 2014 you would not have had an account at all, as 1Password.com memberships did not exist at that time. It sounds like you've just signed up for one recently but perhaps haven't migrated your data. They do include all of the 1Password apps across all platforms, but if your data is still in Dropbox that will be an obstacle for you using that. But if you follow this guide on your main device (whichever is the one where you have all of your 1Password data, and which you use the most), that will get you setup to use the account across all of your devices:

https://support.1password.com/migrate-1password-account/

Also, the Secret Key can be found in 1Password Settings/Preferences > Accounts on a device where you've already set it up, or in your Profile on 1Password.com.

I hope this helps. Be sure to let me know if you have any other questions! :)

This discussion has been closed.