To protect your privacy: email us with billing or account questions instead of posting here.

Upgrading account

Mirisch
Mirisch
Community Member

I am having difficulty upgrading my individual account to a family account.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

Welcome to the forum, @Mirisch! Sorry to hear about the troubles. Sign into your 1password.com account in a browser at https://start.1password.com/ and in the right sidebar, you'll see "invite people." You'll be prompted to choose either a 1Password Families or a 1Password Teams account.

• Mirisch
    Mirisch
    Community Member

Options on sidebar are home and billing
    Unfortunately I am not able to see how to convert or upgrade to family plan

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    edited March 2018

@Mirisch - If you don't have an Invite People option, then it sounds likely you subscribed via Apple, instead of through us. You'll need to cancel your Apple subscription first. Once you've done that, let us know.

• Mirisch
    Mirisch
    Community Member

Does that mean information that was entered will be lost? What is the easiest way to to make sure that it is a smooth transition?

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

@Mirisch - not sure what you're asking me. If you mean: "will my 1Password data be lost?" then the answer is no: it just means your account will (very temporarily) be frozen, because you'll have removed your payment method. From there, you can add a card to our billing page (which you said you saw in an earlier reply), and then use the method I mentioned previously to invite people.

This discussion has been closed.