To protect your privacy: email us with billing or account questions instead of posting here.

I have lost my master password; you have my credit card and email address how can I recover it

Ryan_Robinson
Ryan_Robinson
Community Member
edited March 2018 in Memberships

This is not my primary account. My primary account is sent to [removed by AgileBits staff, this is a public forum]

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:I have lost my master password; you have my credit card and email address how can I recover it

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@Ryan_Robinson: Thanks for reaching out. I’m sorry for the confusion! Your Master Password cannot be "recovered". Only you ever knew it. However, please try the tips in this guide as they may help you gain access again:

https://support.1password.com/forgot-master-password/

Alternatively, if you're part of a 1Password Family or Team, another Owner, Organizer, or Admin can help you recover your account, so you can create a new Secret Key and Master Password:

https://support.1password.com/recovery/#begin-recovery

If that doesn't help though, you will need to either restore from a backup, sync from another device, or simply start over. You can try as many times as you want. You won’t be “locked out”, but you will not be able to access your data unless you can enter the required Master Password correctly. Please let me know how it turns out.

• Ryan_Robinson
    Ryan_Robinson
    Community Member

Then how do I cancel my membership - I am close to reporting it all as a scam as I have been charged since July even though I have never signed in and never had the opportunity to reach out and cancel the membership. It is such a tedious process that it appears like it takes so much work to stop paying, Can I tell you part of my credit card, email, and you refund me the membership fee since I last signed in?

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    edited March 2018

@Ryan_Robinson - you can ask us to send you a deletion request email, which we can do after verifying you are the owner of the account -- that's a very quick process and could have been initiated at any time since you realized you'd forgotten your Master Password. I've sent you a quick email to begin the process, so let's keep the conversation going in private, for your protection. Thanks!

(If you don't receive the email, please check your Spam or Bulk email folder, as sometimes overzealous spam filters can mark unsolicited email from us as junk.)

ref: MRR-75226-769

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@Ryan_Robinson: Indeed, we can't help you unless you get in touch and let us know you need it, so I'm glad you finally decided to. I'll close this and we'll continue the conversation via email to avoid any confusing back and forth. Cheers! :)

This discussion has been closed.