To protect your privacy: email us with billing or account questions instead of posting here.

Restored iPhone lost Google Authenticator set up and can't log in to 1Password. HELP!!!!

mmarlett
mmarlett
Community Member

Can't figure out how to re-set up Google Authenticator after an iPhone restore. Now I can't log into 1Password. Worked on this for over 24 hours and really frustrated. I have all my account info but can't get past Authenticator

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:QMK-67476-311

Comments

• mmarlett
    mmarlett
    Community Member

1Password Version 7.0.7

• mmarlett
    mmarlett
    Community Member
    edited July 2018

Not sure if I need to leave more information or not but want to add that my main problem is figuring out how to set up Google Authenticator again. I had no idea that Google Authenticator could not be restored from an iCloud backup. Should not have turned it on. After many years of 1Password use it looks like I have lost access to my account and setting up new devices even though I can still access my vault on devices already set up. Cannot believe this.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    edited July 2018

@mmarlett: Indeed, if you enabled two-factor authentication for your 1Password.com account and then lost the ability to generate the one-time password (not having the TOTP secret backed up anywhere), then that will prevent you from accessing your account. Depending on your situation, there may be something we can do to help, but since this will necessarily involve sensitive account information it's best to contact us at support@1password.com. I'll shoot you an email shortly so we can get some more details.

ref: AVJ-12167-295

• xiajinchun
    xiajinchun
    Community Member

Hi, I have also the some problem, Reinstall iPhone and LOST Google Authenticator set up,
    I’ve sent email to support@1password.com and support+urgent@1password.com, but a few days have passed and there has been no any reply.
    And my reference number is [#CYE-51797-196]. Hoping we can sort this out. Thanks!

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@xiajinchun: I'm sorry to hear that. When you send multiple emails you're just bumping yourself back to the "newest" part of the inbox, so we'll be replying to messages from oldest first. Doing so won't get your a response faster, unfortunately quite the opposite. Anyway, I've found your emails and I'll reply there shortly. Just keep in mind that sending multiple messages in different places slows down response time for everyone — including you. :(

ref: HCQ-87899-579

This discussion has been closed.