Auto Login

nunopaulo
nunopaulo
Community Member

Hello,

After i update to version 7 and subscribed family my 1 pass don't do auto login anymore in the browser section in preferences only have 2 options, and none mentions autologin

Cn someone help me, please?

Thanks

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• danco
    danco
    Volunteer Moderator

AutoFILL should work, autoSUBMIT no longer does due to changes by Apple.

You will just have to get used to pressing Return after filling. Annoying, but easy enough to get used to, and the change was made to improve security.

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

@nunopaulo - I'm sorry for the trouble, but I'm also not sure what you're asking for. Auto-submit was removed in 1Password 7 for Mac due to changes made by Apple -- they removed our ability to use the method we'd been using to manage auto-submit (simulating the press of the return key via a script). Since Apple has removed it, we're not going to be attempting to work around their wishes. That said, auto-FILL should still be working just fine. You should still be able to double-click a Login item in 1Password and have it:

1. Open your default browser, if it was not already open.
    2. Open a new window or tab and visit the URL of the Login item you clicked.
    3. Fill your saved credentials for the site.

The only thing 1Password for Mac will no longer do is submit the form for you; you will need to press enter or click the "Login" or "Submit" button yourself. If the above steps are NOT working, let us know.

• nunopaulo
    nunopaulo
    Community Member

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

Correct. The setting no longer exists because the feature no longer exists. Sorry for any confusion that caused.

• nunopaulo
    nunopaulo
    Community Member

Ok,

Understood, the auto-submit was handy. Thank you all for your help.
    Have a good day 😉
    Nuno

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

@nunopaulo - you're quite welcome! Enjoy your day as well. :)

This discussion has been closed.