After a recent rewipe of a MacBook and attempted data restore I am no longer able to open 1Password

DennisStuckey107
DennisStuckey107
Community Member

Using the correct master password but 1Password 7 will not open. Do I need to reinstall?

1Password Version: 7
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: 10.13.6
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:After a recent rewipe of a MacBook and attempted data restore I am no longer able to open 1Password

Comments

• DennisStuckey107
    DennisStuckey107
    Community Member

Team member available for comment?

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

Welcome to the forum, @DennisStuckey107! I'm sorry for the trouble! Reinstalling 1Password will not change things; the Master Password needed to unlock 1Password for Mac and open your vault(s) is whatever you chose when you set up 1Password. If you think you're entering the correct Master Password, then please follow these tips/instructions to see if you can get it entered correctly. Let us know how you get on. :)

By the way, I notice your posts are six minutes apart. This forum is not a chat room, and while there are almost always team members like me available to answer user questions/problems, we answer in the order we receive things, so although our replies won't be instantaneous, we'll be with you as quickly as we can. Thanks for your patience.

This discussion has been closed.