I want to change a secure note to a login

oaguilar1965
oaguilar1965
Community Member

I have a note that I need to make a login. I remember in past versions an option to do just that. But on version 7 I do not find that option. Can it be done directly, or I need to copy everything and do it manually.

1Password Version: 7
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: OS X 10.14
Sync Type: 1password
Referrer: forum-search:I want to change a note to a login, is it possible?

Comments

• MrC
    MrC
    Volunteer Moderator
    edited November 2018

hi @oaguilar1965 ,

As far as I know, 1Password has never been able to change an Item's category from one to another (with the exception of Password --> Login).

You'll have to create a new Login entry and Copy / Paste the fields. These might help you:

Quick Tip: Migrate your details between 1Password items

Use the 1Password extension to save and fill passwords on your Mac or Windows PC

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@oaguilar1965: Indeed, 1Password's item categories each have specific templates that, while there is some overlap, one will not fit into another; and many have specific functions tied to them as well, so they are non-transferrable. In the case of creating a new Login using the information in a Secure Note, I'd recommend following MrC's second link to save it using the 1Password desktop extension in your browser. That's not only easier, it will also save additional information about the page to help 1Password better fill your login credentials there later. Cheers! :)

This discussion has been closed.