Typing space in tags field accepts autocomplete suggestion

[Deleted User]
[Deleted User]
Community Member

Hi πŸ‘‹

I use a lot of tags that contain spaces. When typing them into the tags of an item field, typing a space accepts the first autocomplete suggestion (if there is one) instead of inserting a space character. Getting to the tag I want means deleting the autocompleted characters before continuing. 😬

Given that tags can contain spaces I think that changing this behaviour would make sense, as I found discussed in the now closed discussion here. :chuffed:

Any thoughts? ^^

1Password Version: 7.2.2
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: 10.14.1
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• vplewis
    vplewis
    Community Member

@lmcm It does the same thing on my copy (7.2.3.Beta-1). a workaround is to just drag the Item to the Tag you want in the sidebar. hth

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User]
    Community Member

That works, and is very useful when tagging multiple items! πŸ˜ƒ

Although in my case there are 70+ tags so not very practical. It also doesn't help when creating new tags.

• vplewis
    vplewis
    Community Member

@lmcm I agree. I'm assuming it's a bug.

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User]
    Community Member

@vplewis Maybe. Or simply a convenience for those that never use spaces in their tags? :smile:

It's referred to as a bug in the thread from 2014 I linked to, but I know that a lot's changed since then.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

It's not a bug (we use "bug" and "issue" interchangeably when referring to an improvement/feature/fix request in our tracking system), so much as a byproduct of autocompletion, as lmcm astutely pointed out. It's certainly something we can consider. It comes up every few years. But in the mean time drag and drop is really useful, as vplewis suggested. We have some other improvements we want to make with how tags are handled, so this is something we can take another look at too. Thanks for bringing it up! :)

This discussion has been closed.