Windows app buggy / doesn't refresh

Options

I regularly have issues with the Windows app. The main problem I have is that as I use it throughout the day, the refresh consistency seems to become worse and worse. For example I will do one action, then click a category on the left to go somewhere else, and it seems to ignore my clicking and be stuck on the previous item I viewed. Or I will do a search, then clear the search, go somewhere else, but it still shows those search results.

I've heard amazing things about the Mac Desktop App UI. Are there any plans to bring that magic to Windows?

1Password Version: 7.2.581
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Windows 10 (latest)
Sync Type: 1 Password

Comments

• Hey, @aurelius! As native apps, each platform has its own issues and refreshes are definitely one of ours. There are missing refreshes and some where we don't want them. We've been able to fix up quite a few over the years, but we're about as sick of them as anyone and have plans for some more dramatic changes we hope will address refresh troubles and more. I don't have any ETA for them right now, though, so for the moment, I'll give you my best tip for dealing with them – whenever the app misses one, select a different category or a different item, then go back to the one you wanted. That will almost universally kick things into gear. And, of course, we are working on this and definitely do expect some significant UI changes down the road. :chuffed:

• aurelius
    aurelius
    Community Member
    Options

@bundtkate I appreciate your response, and your honesty and forthrightness! I'm a long-time 1Password user, fan, and source of many friend/family referrals :) I'll continue to support you guys no matter what. Thanks for the tip, I'll keep that in mind. And, thanks for the hint about "significant UI changes down the road"...I'll keep an eye out for that!

• Oh, it's no trouble at all, @aurelius. Of course, we strive for perfection, but we're only human and denying we have our issues doesn't help us any. We've always got a fair number of balls in the air, too, so some have certainly lingered longer than we'd like as other things took priority, but we do our best to acknowledge them and get them fixed as quickly as we can. And, finally, I'd not read too much into that hint, at least not just yet. These things are just eye twinkles for the moment as we've got a few higher priorities to sort, but we have some lofty goals so we'll see how it all shakes out. :wink:

This discussion has been closed.