To protect your privacy: email us with billing or account questions instead of posting here.

Sorting of passwords by login name

Options
Qper
Qper
Community Member

I do not have the function to sort logins by name
for example:

I have 10 Gmail accounts. The program sorts them alphabetically by name. If the name is the same for all entries "GMAIL" then it should be sorted according to logins.
Logins instead of sorted by name are alphabetically scattered. This is particularly disturbing on mobile devices.

It is worth to add such a feature in the future.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Saleana
    Saleana
    Community Member
    Options

Qper,

I couldn’t agree with you more - such feature would bring phenomenal amounts of ease to the mobile devices. I am extremely hopeful that in the near future, 1P will continue to be able to update and implicate such sorting features to expand the happiness for loyal customers like you.

We truly thank you and appreciate your feedback and hope we can bring you upcoming improvements.

-Saleana

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@Qper: While I agree that more sorting options could be helpful on mobile, 1Password for Mac and iOS already behave the way you seem to be suggesting: Logins with the identical name "google test" with the usernames "a", "b", and "c" respectively are listed in that order (unless you change the sort method in the desktop app). Can you give me the specifics if you're seeing something else?

• Qper
    Qper
    Community Member
    Options

I will describe again what I mean.
    For example, I have 3 gmail accounts
    All named as Gmail

Alogin@gmail.com
    Blogin@gmail.com
    Clogin@gmail.com

On the list in the 1password all are sorrated by the order of addition and not by alphabetical name as if I wanted to.

logins are suggested as:

Blogin@gmail.com
    Alogin@gmail.com
    Clogin@gmail.com

If I want to be alphabetical, I need to change my name to Gmail Alogin@gmail.com etc.

Name Gmail login Alogin@gmail.com

• Alogin@gmail.com

Name Gmail login Blogin@gmail.com

• Blogin@gmail.com

do you understand me now?

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@Qper: Aha. I see. They have different URLs, don't they? ;) If you change them all to https://accounts.google.com or something, does that help? 1Password is listing website matches first and foremost according to the URL.

• Qper
    Qper
    Community Member
    Options

all entries have one address https://accounts.google.com/

• Hey @Qper, thanks for the suggestion! I agree that this could indeed be helpful. The way I manage this is I name related items something like:

Gmail - Alogin@gmail.com

Not only does it keep it sorted alphabetically, but I find that having unique titles makes it easier to differentiate between the items in the list.

Thanks again for the feedback on this!

This discussion has been closed.