Options
123457»

Comments

• Omid
    Omid
    Community Member
    edited November 2022
    Options

After many years being a loyal customer to 1Password, I finally made the decision to say good bye to 1Password. I migrated to the native Passwords app included in Mac/iOS/iPad OS and I have been using it for a while now. I should say it felt a bit different in the beginning but I'm pretty much used to it now. It does what I need it to do. Furthermore, I don't have the hassle of multiple Password managers on my devices. I find this a real relief! The only thing which was a little work was the migration itself as there is no automated way to move my data. The best method I found to decrease manual effort was to start the website from 1Password and let my Mac Password app remember the password itself. And there it was!

• gmangesh
    gmangesh
    Community Member
    Options

Still waiting for 1Password 8 to show up in the Mac App Store :-(

• brianpe
    brianpe
    Community Member
    Options

+1 more for App Store support. Still running 1Password 7 on my Macs because of this. The App Store gives me a consistent install / update experience and more trust that the app is trustworthy. And that's pretty critical for an app that I've entrusted all my passwords to. Also, for apps that aren't in the Mac App Store I have to ask myself "why". Are they using unsupported apis or have privacy issues? I get the 30% commission surcharge, and yes, that is kind of a sucky cost for Apple to impose...but the length of this thread is a pretty good indication that you are getting something for that lost revenue.

• gvsci
    gvsci
    Community Member
    Options

Please release 1Password 8 in the Mac App Store. Still running 1Password 7 on our Macs because of the security measures enforced by our company to allow only apps from the Mac App Store. As a loyal customer to 1Password, do not force us to make the decision to say good bye to 1Password.

This discussion has been closed.