1Password not unlocking in Safari

Options
MVRLon
MVRLon
Community Member
edited September 2023 in iOS

When I click on the 1P icon in the username field, I get the faceid unlock confirmation but the icon continues to show the lock symbol and if I touch it again to it does the faceid unlock again. It doesn’t unlock

The only way to populate the username and password is to touch the key icon above the keyboard

1Password Version: 8.10.16
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: 17.0 iOS 17.0 (21A5326a)
Browser: Safari

Comments

• Hi @MVRLon

I apologize for the trouble you're experiencing unlocking 1Password for Safari on your iPhone. I suspect you're affected by a known issue but it'd be great if you could let me know if you're using 1Password downloaded from the App Store or if you're using the Beta version from TestFlight? Do you also have two-factor authentication added to your 1Password account?

• MVRLon
    MVRLon
    Community Member
    Options

Beta from TestFlight. Yes, I have 2fa. Using a yubikey

• @MVRLon

I'm sorry for the delay in responding. Thank you for providing those details. Can you please see if you can reproduce the issue using the latest TestFlight version and iOS 17.0.1 after trying these steps:

1. Fully close Safari on iOS.
    2. Fully close 1Password on iOS.
    3. Open and unlock the main 1Password app from your home screen.
    4. Open Safari and go to any webpage.
    5. Tap on the AA icon in the address bar.
    6. Tap on 1Password in the menu.
    7. Follow the prompt to unlock 1Password for Safari.

If the issue still occurs then, I'd like to ask you to create a diagnostics report from your iOS device:

Sending Diagnostics Reports (iOS)

Attach the diagnostics to an email message addressed to support+forum@1password.com.

With your email please include:

Please send the entire file.

You should receive an automated reply from our BitBot assistant with a Support ID number. Please post that number here. Thanks very much!

-Dave

• kop48
    kop48
    Community Member
    Options

I’m also seeing this issue right now on the TestFlight build and it’s infuriating. I’m getting two haptics as if Face ID tried the first time, but it does it again. It results in both the extension and the main app requiring my password to unlock.

• @kop48

I'm sorry that Face ID isn't working properly with 1Password on your device. Can you try the following steps:

1. Fully close Safari on iOS.
    2. Fully close 1Password on iOS.
    3. Open and unlock the main 1Password app from your home screen.
    4. Open Safari and go to any webpage.
    5. Tap on the AA icon in the address bar.
    6. Tap on 1Password in the menu.
    7. Follow the prompt to unlock 1Password for Safari.

If that doesn't work then can you tell me if you're running into any issues with Face ID when unlock the device itself, or any other apps?

-Dave

• kop48
    kop48
    Community Member
    Options

I’ll give it a whirl next time. There’s no issues with FaceID anywhere else - only really in apps with 1Password.

• kop48
    kop48
    Community Member
    edited November 2023
    Options

That workaround worked on my iPhone, but not on my iPad. On one site, it fails to use FaceID (you can see the window wobble once), and then it works. If I switch to another tab and try to use it, FaceID just isn’t available, and I have to type in my password. FaceID works fine everywhere else, including the main 1Password app.

This is a SUPER frustrating bug - can I help you investigate it at all? I’ve submitted a diagnostic report per the instructions above.

• @kop48

I'm sorry that the steps didn't help on your iPad. I've located your ticket and one of my colleagues will send you a reply via email once they've had a chance to review your diagnostics report. Please continue the conversation there.

-Dave

ref: DPC-47422-582