ninaw
    Community Member
    Options

+1 please make it happen.

• saddison
    saddison
    Community Member
    Options

+1 for Google Drive. Dropbox is nice, but I'm dropping it in favor of Google Drive -- better security.

• saddison
    saddison
    Community Member
    Options

By the way, I'm a huge fan of 1Password. Thanks for doing such a good job.

• mverde
    Options

Thank you for all of the feedback requesting Google Drive support. I spotted some compliments sprinkled in there as well, so thank you for those also!

• kellizer
    kellizer
    Community Member
    Options

Any updates as I haven't used dropbox in 2 years and don't want to start again??

• Fireshot
    Fireshot
    Community Member
    edited May 2014
    Options

They have been very silent on any Google Drive support topic since this comment.

I would be VERY surprised to see Google Drive support added anytime soon. They only seem to dance around the issue. (eg. We know you all want it and we are hearing you, but we have no comment).

I think in the end they will not add it, and then when the Android app "fails" in comparison to the iOS they will use it as an excuse as to why they won't focus on Android as much.

If they actually were going to add it they could simply come out and say that we ARE adding it, however we don't think it will make it in time for release however we know how important it is to so many of you so we have placed it high on the list for version 1.1.

But that is just my 2 cents.

• tleliard
    tleliard
    Community Member
    Options

+100 for Google Drive support please - only have DropBox for 1password, particularly given GoogleDrive's ridiculously low pricing! I see that these requests have been going on for some time with the same generic response from AgileBits so will be watching with interest else may be looking to eval other password managers.

• jestep
    jestep
    Community Member
    edited May 2014
    Options

This is a must for android

• mjeshurun
    mjeshurun
    Community Member
    Options

+1 for Google Drive support.

• kuoirad
    kuoirad
    Community Member
    Options

Yet another +1 for Google Drive support here - I'd like to migrate from Dropbox to Google Drive when some free space I got with a phone expires at the end of the year, but am "held back" by 1PW.

I'm also waiting for August to roll around so I can pay for the new Android client, to show my support.

Thanks!

• JamesCole
    JamesCole
    Community Member
    edited June 2014
    Options

Yes Fireshot, that sounds perfectly reasonable. I mean, the brilliance of that plan! To sink thousands if not tens of thousands of dollars in an Android app only to drop it again for a flimsy reason! Man, they should hire you to do their marketing and financial planning, you're obviously very good at this.

I can imagine a bunch of reasons why Google Drive support hasn't been added yet. One is the fact that few Google users even know they have a drive. Two, they may not have the money or the time to develop Google Drive support, which isn't actually easy.

I hope they'll add it soon as well, but leave the conspiracy theories at home, kthxbye.

• worldcommander
    worldcommander
    Community Member
    Options

JamesCole, what are you talking about? I don't know a single person with an Android or Google account who does not know they have Drive space. Chromebook users alone are a huge group, all with Drive. Regardless, that's not a valid reason for an app developer to not provide support for Drive. It's like building an Android app with Facebook authentication only. Plus, many other apps do indeed provide support so, it's not a matter of difficulty, either.

The lack of support for Drive is a showstopper for me and my family. Surprised this basic request has gone this long.

• drinkn1
    drinkn1
    Community Member
    Options

Another Vote for Google Drive. I had to install dropbox, just for this app. I cannot imagine that it would be that difficult to put a hook into GD. It was very disappointing, as now I have yet another account floating around and it is being used for only a single use. Although I do not use it, I'm sure there will be people wanting SkyDrive access as well....why, I don't know, GD is better (although they do have one of the slowest sync algorithms out there).

• glindsey
    glindsey
    Community Member
    Options

I am with Venkat on this one! 1Password is taking a beating in the ratings right now because a lot of Android users prefer Google Drive to Dropbox syncing. Not saying it is fair that so many are bashing the App just because it does not offer their favorite method of syncing data, but the best remedy here would be to cut these naysayers off at the pass and give them this feature sooner rather than later.

• jestep
    jestep
    Community Member
    Options

I agree with @drinkn1 about Skydrive, and I will go even further and say Box.com, Copy.com, etc.....

• Nicholas Pufal
    Nicholas Pufal
    Community Member
    edited June 2014
    Options

Do you guys know about "Local Sync"? It's pointless to ask "please integrate it with every cloud service available throughout the internet". I know some of you only complain about the GDrive support, but the "Local Sync" option can make it work with every cloud service available out there.

I think that after 4 pages the dev team from 1Password is already aware that many users want this support. So instead of some people act with anger, I think it's best to keep with the current approach -> "Local Sync"

• jestep
    jestep
    Community Member
    Options

@Nicholas Pufal‌ I can see how one might see that as the way to go, but then why not say that about other apps that do support multiple cloud syncing choices? I can sync using your way, but now I have to rely on multiple apps instead of a single place to setup the sync. I am not saying you are wrong, just saying I think it would be easier just to support it within the one app.

• EnerJi
    EnerJi
    Community Member
    Options

@Nicholas Pufal‌ Does local sync work with Google Drive? When I briefly looked into it, it seemed to not support this use case, as 1Password can't write its database file to the only location that Google Drive will sync from on Android. Has that changed?

As for Google Drive support in general, I'm eagerly awaiting it as much as anyone (+11111), but I'm curious as to whether iOS support is holding things up? Does anyone know if Google Drive on iOS is capable of syncing data for a file that a third-party application created?

On the other hand, 1Password does support iCloud which isn't cross-platform, so I suppose there's no reason they shouldn't also support Google Drive even if it only support a subset of 1Password platforms.

• Nicholas Pufal
    Nicholas Pufal
    Community Member
    Options

I will step back and remove what I just said. My bad.

I tried the "Local Sync" feature with other cloud alternatives (such as BitTorrent Sync) and I was taking as granted that it would work the same way with Google Drive. Unfortunately it doesn't.

It's currently not possible to make a folder available offline in Google Drive, only files, and that wouldn't be enough to make 1Password sync fine with it. I guess the other way around could work, i.e. creating a new folder using Google Drive's "On device" section, and then maybe with the help of symbolic links make the default location of the 1Password data file available through there (so you could sync with Google Drive's cloud and then your Mac, etc...)?

I'm just trying to come up with a temporary approach here, but I do agree with you guys. There is no easy way of doing that right now. "Local Sync" is not very helpful for that matter.

• RichardPayne
    RichardPayne
    Community Member
    Options

I guess the other way around could work, i.e. creating a new folder using Google Drive's "On device" section, and then maybe with the help of symbolic links make the default location of the 1Password data file available through there (so you could sync with Google Drive's cloud and then your Mac, etc...)?

Which isn't a viable alternative since you need root access to create a symlink.

• mverde
    Options

In order to use Google Drive with Folder Sync, Google Drive would need to sync folders to a user accessible location in the devices local storage. The last time I checked, Google Drive only syncs files within its own internal sandbox. Unfortunately, this renders any files that are available offline inaccessible to our Folder Sync mechanism. This means adding Google Drive support to 1Password 4 on Android requires the use of its APIs. This is something that our development team is actively looking into.

• ashishgandhi
    ashishgandhi
    Community Member
    Options

I'm glad to hear that you guys are working on this. Another vote from me for this feature.

• Kyrra
    Kyrra
    Community Member
    Options

+1 for Google Drive support.

I do agree that I'd want this across all platforms (at least iOS, OSX, and Windows) if it was to be supported. I use Google Drive for other sharing already, and only have Dropbox for 1Password.

• nohtype
    nohtype
    Community Member
    Options

+1 for Google Drive support. This app rocks.

• Steffen Frost
    Steffen Frost
    Community Member
    Options

+1 for Google Drive support. Faff of setting up dropbox is putting me off getting the bigger benefit of signing up to 1password!? Will wait til Google Drive is sorted as then it would be so straight forward for me :)

• Jasper
    Options

Thank you all for the feedback! I'll add your votes for this, and make sure our developers know that you're interested in Google Drive sync. :)

• hubpf
    hubpf
    Community Member
    Options

+1 for Google Drive

• saad
    Options

Thanks for your vote @hubpf!

• kuoirad
    kuoirad
    Community Member
    Options

I've already thrown in my +1 for Google Drive support, but I need to throw another +1 for Kyrra's assertion that we would want/need Google Drive support across all platforms, obviously. If it weren't in place on the OS X client, it wouldn't really be too helpful for it to be in the Android client.

• saad
    edited July 2014
    Options

Thanks @kuoirad‌. I'll add your vote for Google Drive support on other platforms. You can also use folder sync on your Mac to sync to Google Drive.

This discussion has been closed.