Google Drive Support

Options

Comments

• Gattina
    Gattina
    Community Member
    Options

+1 for Google Drive support. I only use Dropbox for 1Password. With their latest update, there's a revolt brewing on their forums. Everyone is having problems with it, including me, and they're not addressing it. I emailed their support and got a canned reply that said they couldn't respond to all requests. Really? Not even through the "Contact Support" area? I'm done with them. Any ETA on Google Drive support??

• saad
    Options

Hi @Gattina‌. Sorry about the trouble you're experiencing with the Dropbox application. :( I'll add your vote for Google drive support in 1Password 4 for Android. Unfortunately, I don't have an ETA to share but this is something that's being looked at. Our beta users will be the first to try it when it does become available. Let me know if you have any other questions.

• hellzyeah
    hellzyeah
    Community Member
    Options

Another +1 for Google Drive support.
    Hopefully for all platforms, not just Android.

Thanks for the awesome work so far, guys.

• saad
    Options

Thank you for your support. I added your vote. :)

• Mario De Frutos Dieguez
    Options

+1 to all @hellzyeah‌ said, GDrive FTW

• saad
    Options

Thanks for your vote Mario!

• jaasum
    jaasum
    Community Member
    Options

Came here and registered just to request this feature.

1password is the ONLY reason I use Dropbox. Google Drive has become my preferred cloud storage and is much more widely supported than it used to be cross platform. Right now I have to run both on each device. I'd really like to just have Google Drive.

• allcentury
    allcentury
    Community Member
    Options

I too really need this feature please add my vote.

• tehael
    tehael
    Community Member
    Options

+1 for GoogleDrive Support

For us as a small business (around 10people and growing ;) which uses Google Apps for Business, which already includes Google Drive as cloud storage and document share, it doesn't make sense to force our coworker to create a Dropbox account and install it on their devices.
    As a company we use a SaaS solution for sharing Login-Credentials where necessary. Not only is it cost intensive, but also my users have problems using it, it's way to complicated not user friendly or in the least intuitive. And frankly put, I don't like it at all, I even have their browser extension disabled most of the time. I personally only use 1Password for password management.

I would really like to be able to propose 1Password as the better, smarter, easier to use and even cheaper solution. But with the need for a Dropbox account to share vaults it's unfortunately not possible for me to do so.

Even though my coworkers don't really no about my pain, make it a +10, one for each one of them ;)

Thanks

• jjtrottier
    jjtrottier
    Community Member
    Options

I use FolderSync, which integrates with Google Drive. It takes my Google Drive 1Password folder and syncs it bidirectionally between my phone's local filesystem and back to Google Drive. Works great! Same end result. Minor fee to buy, but I didn't want to load Dropbox in the background and run different cloud storage services.

• Thank you all for your votes. I know how important this feature is for a lot of us and I will pass on your feedback to the Android team here.

• virtualbartek
    virtualbartek
    Community Member
    Options

+1 GDrive.

• Thanks for your vote!

• Jodok Batlogg
    Jodok Batlogg
    Community Member
    Options

+1

• Potzo
    Potzo
    Community Member
    Options

+1
    Google Drive is my primary cloud service. Having dropbox just for 1password is a hassle.

• andrewchen5678
    andrewchen5678
    Community Member
    Options

+1 Lack of Google Drive support hold me back from considering using 1Password.

• cbraz
    cbraz
    Community Member
    Options

+1 for google drive.
    Tried the app today for the first time, but only having dropbox support makes it a no go.

• Thank you all for your feedback. I will add your votes for Google drive support. :)

• Striketyp
    Striketyp
    Community Member
    edited September 2014
    Options

Hi saad,
    Do the developers really need yet more votes for this feature to be implemented? :)
    If so, please add mine as well, thank you! ;)

• We are aware of how important Google drive support is but a vote never hurts.. ;) Thanks @Striketyp!

• hubpf
    hubpf
    Community Member
    Options

Most importantly and hopefully there are no software required to be installed for Google Drive to work. Not like currently it needs to have DropBox installed.

• Tracks
    Tracks
    Community Member
    Options

+1 for Google Drive support. I'm looking at recommending a password manager for a small organisation and this looks like a deal breaker.

• Andree Vela
    Andree Vela
    Community Member
    Options

+1 for google drive support. I'm too use dropbox just for 1password sync

• tomanc
    tomanc
    Community Member
    Options

+1 vote for Google drive support. I always have to open up my dropbox folder when I want to sync my data from my computer to my device. I don't like having dropbox run at startup because I simply only use it to store my 1password chain. Google drive however I constantly use and it is always open making it a simple sync process between my computer and android device. thanks!

• KPelto
    KPelto
    Community Member
    Options

As we don't usually discuss development plans in advance, I can't confirm that anything is happening until it has already happened.

Maybe you should. Now people are wasting time and voting one star in Google Play - like me.

• J.M
    J.M
    Community Member
    Options

It will be implemented in time i guess, it's just that we're talking about a security app. You don't magically pull out new features from your hat like you just don't care.

Maybe that syncing manually the .agilekeychain through the google drive folder and opening it on mobile devices (as a local folder) works, didn't test since i don't use it (no integrated rate limiting is a no-no).

• 365nice
    365nice
    Community Member
    Options

+1 google drive support

I want to move from dropbox to google drive, and 1P is the only thing holding me back - please consider this.

• saad
    Options

Thank you all for your feedback and votes for Google Drive support. Our team is looking into the addition of Google Drive as a sync solution on Android. We like to avoid promising a feature in case there are some critical barriers during the development process. However, we do understand how important this feature is to many of us and we are trying our best!

• AleDifo
    AleDifo
    Community Member
    Options

+1 vote for Google Drive support for all platforms :)
    I switched from Dropbox to GDrive.

• saad
    Options

Thank you for your vote. :)

This discussion has been closed.