Do I have to download the $24.99 app for a second Mac?

Options
Tory Anne Starr
Tory Anne Starr
Community Member

If I want to set up my 1Password account on a new computer, do I buy the same app through the app store on this second computer? Or do I buy the additional computer setup a different way? I just don't want to spend an extra $25 (and $8 for my phone) for something I don't need.

Comments

• mikebore
    mikebore
    Community Member
    Options

You can put it on five computers from MAS provided they all use the same Apple ID.

• Tory Anne Starr
    Tory Anne Starr
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks @MikeBore! But do I buy it from the app store? Because when I go to buy it on my second Mac, it looks like it's for the same price.

• mikebore
    mikebore
    Community Member
    Options

If you are logged in with the same Apple ID, 1P should appear in the "Purchases" tab in MAS and you should just be able to select "install"

If you found it by search, then I think it will show the price, but if you click "buy" it will tell you that you have already purchased it.

• thightower
    thightower
    Community Member
    Options

I have been seeing items purchased in iTunes, the App store, and the Mac App Store all not displaying that I had previously purchased an item.

As @mikebore said its best to look in the purchased tab

• MikeT
    edited April 2014
    Options

Even if you accidentally bought the app again, Apple will take care of you and if not, we'll take care of you.

We haven't seen much accidents like this, so you should be okay finding it in Purchases after you log in with the same AppleID account.

This discussion has been closed.