1Password 5.0.1 and Yosemite and IOS 8

Options
Carole
Carole
Community Member

I just installed Yosemite on my MBP. 1Password 5.0.1 on my Mac is not synching with my mobile devices. 1Password was downloaded from the AgileBits web site. If I downloaded 1Password from the AppStore it wanted me to pay for it again. Any suggestions?

MBP with Yosemite
iPad Air with IOS 8
iPhone with IOS 8

Comments

• KmanOz
    KmanOz
    Community Member
    edited October 2014
    Options

I have sent support the same question. This is a ludicrous situation. I don't want to pay again but from everything Iv read, the only way to sync with iCloud is to buy the version from the AppStore.

I hope they have a solution for this pronto. Iv been receiving emails from Dave with all positive news and then this clanger !!! Maybe their marketing material should have said, it's a free upgrade to 1Password5 (as long as you don't want to Sync with iCloud) :)

• MikeT
    edited October 2014
    Options

Hi guys,

I apologize for the confusion on this. Starting with Yosemite, there is no way to offer iCloud sync anymore outside of the Mac App Store, which means customers who need to use iCloud have to use our Mac App Store version of 1Password.

However, we will not make you pay again for the Mac App Store version if you already bought 1Password 5 at our webstore or have an existing 1Password 4 license from our webstore. Please email us your receipt to support+webstoreicloud@agilebits.com and we'll help you get the MAS version at no costs.

For more information, please refer to our guide here: https://guides.agilebits.com/1password-mac-kb/5/en/topic/icloud-webstore-faq

@carole:

I just installed Yosemite on my MBP. 1Password 5.0.1 on my Mac is not synching with my mobile devices.

Can you tell me if you're syncing with iCloud, Dropbox, or Wi-Fi?

This discussion has been closed.