Crash in start for 5.0.2 on Yosemite

Options
BjornE
BjornE
Community Member
edited November 2014 in Mac

1Password 5.0.2 crashes every time it tries to start. I have Yosemity on a 2009 Mac Mini. Any clues on how I can get it to work?

Comments

• Jasper
    edited November 2014
    Options

Hi @BjornE,

Could you please try re-installing the app:

• Open your Applications folder
    • Locate the 1Password 5.app in the list
    • Drag it to the trash can.

• Please don't use any uninstaller applications, these may remove more than just the application, such as your data. We do not recommend that. We only want to remove the application, none of the extra items.
    • After dragging it to the trash, please empty your trash, then restart your computer.

• After the reboot, please download a fresh copy of 1Password 5 from here: https://agilebits.com/downloads
    • Once downloaded, unzip if necessary and drag it to the Applications folder. Then double click to run it.

Please let me know if it helps. :)

• BjornE
    BjornE
    Community Member
    Options

Works now. Thanks!

• TripleHjr
    TripleHjr
    Community Member
    Options

I had same problem upon upgrading to Yosemite--why didn't you send an email to all of us who own 1Password that we'd have this problem?--mine works now but what a panic!

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @TripleHjr‌

Only a few people had this problem. We have a few posts in the forums but they represent a very small percentage of the user base. Of course it's never fun when a program doesn't work but that's why we're here. Also, as any 1Password 4 user could update to 1Password 5 but many haven't there would be no way to even just inform those running Yosemite - we don't know who is in that group.

Glad you got it sorted out though. Like yourself I wouldn't want to be without 1Password for any length of time.

This discussion has been closed.