iCloud Session Expired: repeated sign-in prompts syncing with iCloud [addressed in version 6.8.6]

Options
12345679»

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@dhave: Awesome! Thanks so much for letting us know that worked for you — and for participating in the beta! :chuffed:

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@erogers3: Likewise, thanks for your patience while we and Apple worked on the problem. SO glad to hear it's working better for you now. Cheers! :chuffed:

• AlanTheBeast
    AlanTheBeast
    Community Member
    Options

Just updated to 6.8.6. Didn't even need a Chrome browser login to the Apple site. Or maybe that'll pop up tomorrow unless the new approach using CloudKit obviates that.

Really appreciate the fix. Hope it holds.

Sync from iPhone to Mac seemed very quick. CloudKit again?

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@AlanTheBeast - to be clear, it was always CloudKit, the difference was just whether it was the native Apple implementation using their processes, or our own javascript-based implementation. The latter one was the one we were forced to use in our own version of 1Password, because it is a non-Mac App Store app. We've always used native CloudKit in the Mac App Store version of 1Password because Apple allows that for apps sold through the Mac App Store. But recently, Apple has begun allowing developers of non-Mac App Store apps to use the native ClouedKit implementation, so we've switched our version of 1Password over to native CloudKit, and that's resolved the authentication issue some users were reporting.

That's why I'm confident the issue won't reappear: because we're using the native implementation now.

• fatherfork
    fatherfork
    Community Member
    Options

Just came here to say thank you for this change to iCloud syncing. Previously I had to quit 1Password on my Mac to force it to sync again, now it pulls changes almost instantly. So, thank you!

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    edited February 2018
    Options

@fatherfork - you're quite welcome! We're glad this problem has been resolved for you, but definitely let us know1 if you notice anything odd or run into any difficulties. Cheers! :)

1. … by starting a new discussion; this one's been closed now. ↩︎

This discussion has been closed.