telephoneman
    Community Member
    Options

fixed 😊

• ekivemark
    ekivemark
    Community Member
    Options

I just upgraded to Beta-7 and the Updater no longer crashes.

• pnelson
    pnelson
    Community Member
    Options

I've got the 7.0 Beta 6 installed and although it was previously running fine, it is now producing the Updater Unexpectedly quite message all the time.

Process: 1Password Updater [4206]
    Path: /Applications/1Password 7.app/Contents/Helpers/1Password Updater.app/Contents/MacOS/1Password Updater
    Identifier: com.agilebits.onepassword7-updater
    Version: 7.0.BETA-6 (70000006)
    Code Type: X86-64 (Native)
    Parent Process: ??? [1]
    Responsible: 1Password Updater [4206]
    User ID: 502

Date/Time: 2018-04-10 19:41:12.026 -0400
    OS Version: Mac OS X 10.13.4 (17E199)
    Report Version: 12
    Anonymous UUID: AFFF51BD-7638-4653-1314-381354F25053

Time Awake Since Boot: 21000 seconds

System Integrity Protection: enabled

Crashed Thread: 0 Dispatch queue: com.apple.main-thread

Exception Type: EXC_CRASH (SIGABRT)
    Exception Codes: 0x0000000000000000, 0x0000000000000000
    Exception Note: EXC_CORPSE_NOTIFY

Application Specific Information:
    *** Terminating app due to uncaught exception 'NSInvalidArgumentException', reason: 'NSConcreteAttributedString initWithString:: nil value'
    abort() called
    terminating with uncaught exception of type NSException

• Fastidious
    Fastidious
    Community Member
    Options

I am using MacOS 10.13.4 and 1Password 7.0 Beta 6. I have always had beta checked in Preferences, and it still keeps crashing: 1Password Updater quit unexpectedly. I have the log if you want it, but it seems you have enough.

• Jeffvc
    Jeffvc
    Community Member
    Options

The update app crashes on Mac OS 10.13.5 beta
    1 Password 7 Beta works find on my Mac.

• Explorz
    Explorz
    Community Member
    edited April 2018
    Options

I can't update with the downloaded Beta-7 because it keeps saying that 1Password is open and it isn't! I try to drag it from the applications folder to the trash and it says it is open. It is not! Please help. I'm stuck in 1Password hell.

• Explorz
    Explorz
    Community Member
    Options

I can't update with the downloaded Beta-7 because it keeps saying that iPassword is open and it isn't! I try to drag it from the applications folder to the trash and it says it is open. It is not! Please help. I'm stuck in 1Password hell.

• matthewfurr
    matthewfurr
    Community Member
    Options

MIR-93494-314

I downloaded the 1Password 7 BETA-7 from the website and it looks like this issue has been resolved.

• denismonahan
    denismonahan
    Community Member
    Options

Still using Beta 6. Updater crashes & can't download update for Beta 7. I have all crash report if needed.

• Predestinarian
    Predestinarian
    Community Member
    Options

I downloaded beta 7 - this fixed the issue. Overall I'm absolutely loving this beta.... I decided to try the membership - glad I did. You got me hooked with this beta - upgraded to family license also. Now I need to convince my wife and son to start using it. LOL they still use the same password on all their sites. I've been using 1password since either leopard or snow leopard.

• ssh
    ssh
    Community Member
    Options

I had to enter my password for the updater to complete, but it started automatically somehow! I'm now running beta 7.

• Stephen_C
    Stephen_C
    Community Member
    Options

@Explorz please see this post earlier in this thread. You need to quit 1Password 7 beta 6 using ⌃⌥⌘Q in order to allow the beta 7 installer to work.

Stephen

• Master0
    Master0
    Community Member
    Options

I downloaded Beta 7, and the problem is sloved. Thanks for the fix. :)

• telephoneman
    telephoneman
    Community Member
    Options

@pnelson @denismonahan please read this Thread above, Beta 7 is out now and there is mentioned how to download and install it

• Ben
    Ben
    edited April 2018
    Options

Hi folks,

Please make sure you’re following the instructions here to update from beta 6 to beta 7:

https://discussions.agilebits.com/discussion/87812/1password-7-mac-beta-crash-when-checking-software-updates-all-issues-with-the-updater-go-here/p1

Ben

• steve28236
    steve28236
    Community Member
    Options

@Ben So I have now experienced the problem with Beta 7 not being able to quit 1P to perform an install along with B6 updater crashing. An integral part of testing your software is being able to install it in the first place. I understand the Beta software trope but this looks like carelessness. Do you have any internal testing whatsoever? How are these painfully obvious bugs getting through the net? Or are you aware of them and decide to push out new Betas with the bugs included (because I wish you wouldn't).

• steve28236
    steve28236
    Community Member
    Options

Why have the instructions for installing B7 in the OP been struck out? What are the correct instructions for installing B7?

• blaqkplastic
    blaqkplastic
    Community Member
    Options

I read that running the latest beta installer should also cleanup 1Password 6. While it does update to beta 7, it leaves 1PW 6 alone while also strangely adding a zipped copy of 1PW 7 (1Password 7.app.zip) to my Applications folder.

• Ben
    Ben
    edited April 2018
    Options

Thanks, @twilsonco. :)

Ben

ref: apple-28

• Ben
    Options

Hi folks. We're going to close up this thread as the original issue has been resolved. If you experience trouble installing or updating 1Password from here on out please start a new thread. Be sure to take a look at how to file a good bug report. :)

Thanks!

Ben

This discussion has been closed.