Support for Orion Browser

Options
1101112131416»

Comments

• @wmarco, @Arnoud, and @ray13

I'm sorry that saving and signing in with passkeys isn't working with 1Password in Orion. Our development team has reached out to our friends over at Orion to find a resolution to this issue.

-Dave

• Nezteb
    Nezteb
    Community Member
    Options

Here are the Orion docs on setting up the 1Password integration: https://help.kagi.com/orion/browser-extensions/1password.html

Regarding passkeys, as of August 25th 2023 Orion does not support them yet: https://orionfeedback.org/d/3025-support-passkeys/29

• Dave_1P
    edited December 2023
    Options

@wmarco, @Arnoud, @ray13, and @Nezteb

A new update for Orion was released yesterday which improves support for saving and signing in with passkeys using 1Password:

Improved 1Password compatibility

I've tested Orion version 0.99.126.4 with 1Password in the browser version 2.18.0 and it looks like passkeys are working smoothly. 🎉

I'd like to thank our friends at Orion for such a quick turnaround on an update. 💙

-Dave

• Mitch
    edited December 2023
    Options

Hey everyone! I have some good news to share right before the holidays.

Orion and 1Password

1. I can confirm that Orion 0.99.126.4 works very well out of the box with the 1Password extension for Chrome. Highlights include:
    • A fix for a condition where 1Password autofill suggestions would either not appear at all, or would not respond properly to user input
    • Passkey support 🥳

Thank you to Vladimir and the Orion team for these updates.

1. The setting to connect 1Password for Mac to any web browser that you trust has graduated from Labs, and shipped to the stable channel this week in 1Password 8.10.22. This setting allows you to unlock the browser extension using Touch ID and use other features which depend on a connection between the browser extension and the desktop app.

You can add Orion to the list in Settings > Browser > Connect to additional browsers.

With the new setting in 1Password, and the more comprehensive support for Chrome extensions in Orion, it should now be possible to have a very successful experience.

Getting help and support

While we support everyone's choice to use 1Password with any web browser, please be aware that for practical purposes, we have a limited ability to help with specific browsers outside of the ones that we actively test. You can help us help you by following these guidelines:

1. If you experience an issue with 1Password in Orion, please try to confirm it in one of our officially supported browsers. Reproducing the issue in, e.g. Chrome, will make it clearer that the bug is on our end and will also make it much easier to troubleshoot and address.
    2. If you believe the issue is related to the setting in the desktop app (e.g. the extension is otherwise working, but does not unlock automatically when you unlock the Mac app) then please let us know on this forum.
    3. If the issue does not seem related to the desktop app integration and cannot be reproduced in another web browser, it may be best to report it on the Orion public issue tracker: https://orionfeedback.org/. The Orion team is working to ensure full compatibility with Chrome extensions but this is an ongoing process.
  • TravelSD
    TravelSD
    Community Member
    Options

I'm still seeing Orion issues on some (not all) sites. These include:

chase.com
    rakuten.com

I don't see the 1P icon in the credential fields and auto fill doesn't work. Both sites auto-fill perfectly fine on Brave.

• vprelovac
    vprelovac
    Community Member
    Options

@TravelSD Just as a note, this is an example of an issue that is better suited for orionfeedback.org as it is probably an Orion issue (as it works in other browsers).

• 0xChain
    0xChain
    Community Member
    Options

@Mitch I've just set Orion as my browser in the 1pw app and also reinstalled the chrome version of the extension. However, the connection to the macOS app does not seem to work and shows an ambiguous error.

I am on both Orion/1pw versions you've mentioned. Any suggestions? Thanks

• ag_tommy
    edited January 3
    Options

@0xChain

Have you tried the following? I needed do the same to get things going.

1. Look for our helper in the menu bar near the WiFi indicator and the clock. Right-click (Option-click) on the helper and select quit 1Password completely.
    2. Fully quit your browser.
    3. Wait a few seconds and then open 1Password from the Dock or the Applications folder and unlock.
    4. Open your browser.

edit: fix broken formatting

• vprelovac
    vprelovac
    Community Member
    edited January 29
    Options

For those with access to Orion RC, the latest update (Orion RC 126.4.1.4 ) was just released which improves 1Password behavior on sites like chase.com and similar. These changes will rolling out to Orion beta in a few weeks.

https://kagi.com/orion/updates/orion-release-notes.html

• Thank you for letting the community know @vprelovac! Exciting to see those improvements. 🙂

-Dave

• yowayb
    yowayb
    Community Member
    Options

Thank you fellow Orion users for encouraging the 1password team. Thank you 1password team for working with Orion. CMD\ and passkeys are working for me.

• That's nice to hear @yowayb