Safari Extension Started Asking For Password For Every Auto Fill [SOLVED]

Options

Comments

• more_cowbell
    more_cowbell
    Community Member
    Options

@Ben why can’t the timer issue fix be done quickly?? That would at least tide us over while the FaceID fix/new implementation is worked on.

• dtoub
    dtoub
    Community Member
    Options

@more_cowbell Agreed-this confused me since the big issue for me (which again, happens on iOS 16.1) is the timer bug. Surely this is readily fixable and I'm surprised it has not yet been addressed. Until I see reports of fixed bugs and consistent improvement (including the deprecated interface compared with v7), I'm sticking with 1PW 7.

• frogywill
    frogywill
    Community Member
    Options

This is a joke that it’s been going on for so long. It needs to be resolved and you guys need to inform your paying users of a time frame for the fix.

• Joelc
    Joelc
    Community Member
    Options

I have this issues as well; not surprising. It is VERY VERY annoying especially since my "1Password" is purposely very long and full f mixed case letters, numbers and special symbols. Not enjoying the experience.

On the plus side, at least it is not me or my phone, as I feared it was!

• mirv
    mirv
    Community Member
    Options

Ah, thanks for the Autofill workaround suggestion. That seems to work for me to get around this for now. There sure are a lot of threads about this! I'm happy to see that 1Password knows that this is a problem, and has a plan to fix it.

• schmurg
    schmurg
    Community Member
    Options

I’m downgrading to 1Password 7 till this gets fixed (and maybe longer)…I think this is the first time I’ve ever downgraded anything. I’ve been a happy paying subscriber of 1Password for years (maybe even a decade?), and I’m generally an enthusiastic beta tester, but 1Password 8 is just a worse user experience on both platforms. Used to be a seamless password assistant; now it’s seamful.

• LarryMcJ
    LarryMcJ
    Community Member
    Options

Thank you, Dave. I’ve reverted back to Autofill until this is resolved.

• more_cowbell
    more_cowbell
    Community Member
    Options

I reverted back too version 7 with both the extension and auto fill…still having to constantly enter my password for the extension. I did not remove version 8 however.

• frogywill
    frogywill
    Community Member
    Options

In my case setting to 1 week makes no difference and it’s still broken. 1Password is not cheap. This is a major bug. It should have been fixed faster.

• mirv
    mirv
    Community Member
    Options

While I agree with @dtoub comment from the other day, the Autofill workaround is fine for me. The 1Password folks probably should have given this info out when they realized that it would be a while for this to be resolved. I appreciate the statements I've seen lately where the support folks know this is an important issue, it is a priority for the development team, and that they are looking to the new iOS 16.1 API to be the key for the fix.

• uvarvu
    uvarvu
    Community Member
    Options

As soon as my subscription is up I’m moving to Keychain. I’ve had enough.

• marcelogrsp
    marcelogrsp
    Community Member
    Options

Accordingly to 1Password disabled this for security reasons.

More details here https://1password.community/discussion/comment/661617#Comment_661617

• ahankins
    ahankins
    Community Member
    Options

Just saying I came here for this exact issue. Set safari auto fill to 1 week or 2 weeks, doesn’t matter. It always asks me for my master password to fill. Biometrics are super important but at the very bare minimum needs to last the specified amount of time before requiring the master password.

• Hey folks,

1Password for Safari on iOS locking earlier than it should is something we're aware of and actively working on resolving. Please stay tuned for updates.

Jack

ref: dev/core/core#17626

• KevinS
    KevinS
    Community Member
    Options

Had there been any progress on this?
    The extension asks for the password every single time and it no longer accepts Face ID when unlocking. I’m still on iOS 15 so this is something 1P has done and not something Apple ID responsible for.

• skiver
    skiver
    Community Member
    Options

I’ve used 1Password almost from the very beginning and i’m a big fan. Having given 1P8 a good trial I have to say that i’m not at all keen on the new layout and, coupled with the incredibly irritating Safari extension problem, I took the advice of others and downgraded to 1P7. Ahhhh… bliss! Works perfectly and great layout.

• pappjo
    pappjo
    Community Member
    edited October 2022
    Options

@skiver 1PW 7 seems to be the solution for most everything. I’ve stuck with it because first, it has no issues, and second, I’ve not seen any feature or function offered in 8 that I don’t have in 7. I could be wrong about that but in all the discussions here and on other platforms I’ve not read of anything I’m missing. And as usual if it ain’t broke why fix it? I’m definitely a supporter of 1PW and will continue my subscription for the foreseeable future but I like to keep it simple when possible and 7 seems to be the way to go.

• Cottser
    Cottser
    Community Member
    Options

This issue and its related issues, along with the general low quality of 1P8 software across all platforms I have tested it on has me jumping ship after being a customer and advocate since 2007. “The straw that broke the camel’s back” perhaps.

This discussion has been closed.