Safari Extension Started Asking For Password For Every Auto Fill [SOLVED]

Options
12345679»

Comments

• tortugonal
    tortugonal
    Community Member
    Options

KaPOWitsCHRIS: Try deleting the app, restarting the phone, and reinstalling the app. I had to do that on iPhone but not iPad, in my case.

• LarryMcJ
    LarryMcJ
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks so much for fixing this issue. My world is round again 🙂.

• johnjamesjacoby
    johnjamesjacoby
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks @Dave_1P for the update 💙

Can confirm that this latest release fixes this issue for me 👍

• tomerk
    tomerk
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks for the fix!

• bradical
    bradical
    Community Member
    Options

Confirmed fixed. Thanks!

• jb68
    jb68
    Community Member
    Options

Fixed thank you

• CorgiBike
    CorgiBike
    Community Member
    Options

The weird thing for me is 8.9.7 fixed it if I use 1 week for the extension timeout. But not if I use 1 day, which is how I had it set before all this.

• @AMonitorDarkly

I'm sorry to hear that the issue occurred again on your device but I'm happy that a reinstall resolved the issue. If the issue happens again then I'd like to ask you to create a diagnostics report from your iOS device so that we can investigate further:

Sending Diagnostics Reports (iOS)

Attach the diagnostics to an email message addressed to support+forum@1password.com.

With your email please include:

The report will be in zip format. Please send the entire file.

You should receive an automated reply from our BitBot assistant with a Support ID number. Please post that number here. Thanks very much!

• @CorgiBike

Are you running iOS 16.1 on your device? If you are then can you restart your iOS device and then try the following steps:

1. Open and unlock the main 1Password app from your home screen.
    2. Make sure that the Reauthorize After setting is set to 1 Day.
    3. Open Safari and open any web page.
    4. Tap on the AA icon and then tap on 1Password. Unlock 1Password for Safari.
    5. Switch to another app.
    6. Switch back to Safari and try to fill a login into a webpage.

Are you prompted for your account password? I look forward to hearing from you. 🙂

-Dave

• Hello everyone,

I wanted to repost my comment from November 1st:

1Password for iOS/iPadOS 8.9.7 was just released and brings back biometric unlock to 1Password for Safari:

You can now use Face ID and Touch ID to unlock 1Password in Safari after updating to iOS 16.1 or later. #17988

I recommend that you update using the App Store. Once you've updated to the latest version that brings biometric unlock back to 1Password for Safari the "timer" issue will be resolved as well. You can find our guide on how to update here: How to keep 1Password up to date

You'll also need to update to iOS / iPadOS 16.1 or later: Update your iPhone or iPad - Apple Support (CA)

If you're still experiencing the issue with 1Password 8.9.7 or later and iOS 16.1 or later then, in order to avoid bombarding everyone who posted in this thread with notifications with each post, I've created a new thread here: https://1password.community/discussion/135273/1password-for-safari-asking-for-password-every-time-on-ios-16-1-or-later

This thread is now closed. 🙂

-Dave

This discussion has been closed.