hegguardo
    Community Member
    Options

Ok, thanks Ben, fingers crossed! 🙂

• hegguardo
    hegguardo
    Community Member
    Options

Agreed, sounds like the timer won't get fixed until biometrics are working again, but at least we know why they are mixing-up the two issues.

• frogywill
    frogywill
    Community Member
    Options

@GreyM1P iOS 16 has been available to you since June. iOS 16.1 since 9/14. It’s not like it dropped on you without warning. You had plenty of time to fix what seems to be one of the “main” feature of 1P.

Anyone else here, contact support and ask for a refund for each months it’s not been working. It’ll take you 1 minute if work. The more people ask for actual money, the better and the faster that will become an actual priority…

• njw
    njw
    Community Member
    Options

Like @froggywill said, being able to fill from Safari seems like a pretty fundamental feature of 1P for iOS. It's been causing me a-lot of frustration and friction.

I'm just not really sure how 4 months after iOS16 became available to developers, there still isn't even a workaround in place (like a special 1P passcode, rather than iOS biometrics, etc).

Even now that iOS16.1 offers some hope... the beta for that has been available to developers for over 6 weeks... and yet still no update on if/when they'll be able to restore biometrics; and respect the unlock timer.

As much as I've always loved 1P, this latest release and the transparency/response-timing around issues like this are definitely making it feel like their push for universal platform support with 1P8 is going to increasingly spread their resources too thin to deliver a great experience on any one platform.

• KevinS
    KevinS
    Community Member
    Options

Can anyone from 1P tell me why I have both these issues even when I am still on iOS 15.7? With the old operating system I should not have lost the functionality!

• dtoub
    dtoub
    Community Member
    Options

I’m running iOS 16.2. Give me a break. Surely this could be fixed already.

• andmade
    andmade
    Community Member
    edited October 2022
    Options

I just don’t understand why no email or statement or whatever about this couldn’t have gone out. Why do I have to scour this forum to find out that the product is fundamentally broken for the foreseeable future due to Apple changes, it’s not just some temporary bug from a fubar update? I know transparency has never been high on the team’s priorities, but come on. An email, an in-app notice, pop-up something surely was warranted!

Also I tried downgrading to 1P7, same issue…

• johnjamesjacoby
    johnjamesjacoby
    Community Member
    Options

Hey there 👋 Found this thread via the “Feedback & Support” button in the iOS app’s “Help” page.

The Safari Extension malfunctioning is not ideal, but the workaround (using the 🔑 autofill interface) is not worse than how 1Password 7 worked.

All web extensions are in-flux, Chrome & Safari are diverging more than ever, and neither Apple nor Google are always super clear about breaking changes to existing APIs or how to reimplement replacements to deprecated ones.

1Password 8, even with this hiccup, is a superior experience relative to every other alternative, and their team works really hard to keep the web safe, and is one of very few companies providing a genuinely valuable service at a fair price.

I, for one, appreciate their team monitoring the activity here & chiming in, and I’m sure they all would appreciate more patience & grace from all of us – if the fix were easy & obvious, they’d have shipped it, and no doubt they will ASAP. 🧡

• Juetec
    Juetec
    Community Member
    Options

same with us, several iPhones, always asking for password. btw. I don't understand this crazy security item. Why can't I type "never" for new authorization?

• Clodsabo
    Clodsabo
    Community Member
    Options

Bonjour,
    J'ai le même problème de non fonctionnement du remplissage automatique des logins et mots de passe pour Safari au moyen de Touch ID depuis mon passage à 1Password 8.

J'utilise un iPad de 4 ième génération sous IOS 16 (c'était identique sous IOS 15).
    A chaque recherche de mots de passe, 1Password pour Safari n'utilise pas Touch ID mais exige mon mot de passe général de 1Password.
    J'ai recherché les changement de réglages à faire, sans que cela change quoi que ce soit.

Savez-vous corriger ce dysfonctionnement?

Merci pour votre aide.

• tortugonal
    tortugonal
    Community Member
    edited October 2022
    Options

What happened to the company I used to know? This needs to be fixed now. You’ve gotten distracted chasing money on the markets and focusing on big enterprise features and making life easy for yourselves by using the worst tool (electron) rather than tuning for each platform. You’ve degraded the product and diluted your development team. Please bring back basic functions like biometrics so the product just works as intended. Only then play with the rest. I am so disappointed. We pay subscription fees to support ongoing maintenance and development and get this??!!

• frogywill
    frogywill
    Community Member
    Options

@GreyM1P

In the meantime, you can use Password AutoFill (the "🔑 Passwords" button on the keyboard) to autofill in Safari just like you would in other browsers or apps.

Also that’s cute, but that’s providing the same functionality that’s built in iOS using Apple’s Keychain. That’s NOT what I am paying my 1P subscription for. For example it doesn’t fill in 2FA codes.

• LarryMcJ
    LarryMcJ
    Community Member
    Options

@frogywill – the Apple Keychain Manager fills OTPs perfectly. It automatically copies the OTP after it auto fills the login credentials.

• tortugonal
    tortugonal
    Community Member
    Options

Which, again, is Apple Keychain and not what we are paying for

• cskjetne
    cskjetne
    Community Member
    Options

Glad to see you working on this issue. Would just like to add that I would love for the extension to be unlocked as long as my app is unlocked, just like i can on windows and macOS. I see no reason to not let me have the exact same behaviour.

• 0xChain
    0xChain
    Community Member
    Options

Also having this issue. Really damn annoying to hear it has been a long time and no fix yet.

• theengine
    theengine
    Community Member
    Options

What joy!
    A couple of days ago I reverted to 1Password7 on my iPad, iPhone and Mac after months of trying to use 1Password8. No more issues with logging on every few minutes or using workarounds! No constant checking of the forums to see if there have been any updates on the issues. All three devices use older Apple OSs so no worry about new 1PW versions breaking something.
    On all devices, 1Password7 works seamlessly, and is very familiar to me after many years of use. This is why i'm happy, no worries; can worry about other more important issues......
    When my subscription is due for renewal, I'll be asking for a rebate as I will not be using new software, just the cloud facility.

• tortugonal
    tortugonal
    Community Member
    Options

I see that there is a new version just released that reportedly fixes these problems. I’ve downloaded it and will try. It’s been way too long coming, but I look forward to getting back on track.

• more_cowbell
    more_cowbell
    Community Member
    Options

@tortugonal I see the new version release to test flight. Starting to give it a try now.

• starlessblack
    starlessblack
    Community Member
    Options

So the fixed release is only in test flight at the moment?

• tortugonal
    tortugonal
    Community Member
    Options

No, it is released for iOS and iPadOS. You may shave to go to the App Store and force it.

• more_cowbell
    more_cowbell
    Community Member
    Options

My bad. I installed it from test flight first so it won’t show available in App Store. I’m a little surprised no 1Password feedback here with this rollout.

• TataruTaru
    TataruTaru
    Community Member
    Options

Thank you for the update. It's working on iPad and iPhone for me, I can sign in with my face again!

• Dave_1P
    edited November 2022
    Options

1Password Approved Answer

Hello folks,

1Password for iOS/iPadOS 8.9.7 was just released and brings back biometric unlock to 1Password for Safari:

You can now use Face ID and Touch ID to unlock 1Password in Safari after updating to iOS 16.1 or later. #17988

I recommend that you update using the App Store. Once you've updated to the latest version that brings biometric unlock back to 1Password for Safari the "timer" issue will be resolved as well. You can find our guide on how to update here: How to keep 1Password up to date

You'll also need to update to iOS / iPadOS 16.1 or later: Update your iPhone or iPad - Apple Support (CA)

I'd like to thank everyone for their patience and understanding while the team worked to resolve this issue. 🙂

-Dave

• theengine
    theengine
    Community Member
    Options

What about those still on IOS 15.7?

• KaPOWitsCHRIS
    KaPOWitsCHRIS
    Community Member
    edited November 2022
    Options

App updated to 8.9.7 on my iPhone 14 Pro running iOS 16.1, force quiz 1P and Safari, rebooted the phone. Still no FaceID to unlock and the extension just locks itself still.

Edit: completely reinstalled the app and it looks like it is now working

This discussion has been closed.