Safari Extension Started Asking For Password For Every Auto Fill [SOLVED]

Options

Comments

• more_cowbell
    more_cowbell
    Community Member
    Options

@ag_tommy why don’t you “actually” read the responses for the last few days where EVERYONE is saying the latest update broke the 1 week setting from working at all now too.

1Password doesn’t even acknowledge the regression. Getting bigger isn’t necessarily better and 1Password is currently proof of that.

• Samtheman67
    Samtheman67
    Community Member
    Options

Same problem just started today. iPad and iPhone. Have to use my main password to open.Even after I open up and try to go to other places like Amazon will not fill at all. As of now 1password will not work at all. Could it be the extension?

• LarryMcJ
    LarryMcJ
    Community Member
    Options

@hegguardo After reading the three threads, I don’t see anything other than users complaining about the same problem. Changing the setting to 1 week didn’t work for others and it’s made no difference to me. Are you working on a fix?

• hegguardo
    hegguardo
    Community Member
    Options

I would if I could! 😁 I don't work for 1P, just another user. As you see in those threads, there is no fix available or even forthcoming.

• LarryMcJ
    LarryMcJ
    Community Member
    Options

@hegguardo Sorry, I thought you were on the forum staff. Thanks.

• GKUser
    GKUser
    Community Member
    Options

I installed iOS 16 yesterday and am appalled that 1PW Face ID doesn’t work on Safari extension. I’m even more appalled that this issue was identified a month ago and remains unresolved. It sure would have been nice if 1PW had sent a warning message out to all customers like me to warn of the consequences of upgrading to iOS 16. I would have waited and held back with iOS 15.

I agree with lots of the other posts. 1PW keeps making the app more complex and takes away values features. Just do the basics and forget the bells and whistles the engineering team lobbies for to justify their jobs.

• @more_cowbell

Often I hear someone say, I am on the latest version and then come to find out they are behind 4 versions of their OS because of some unknown reason. It happens. When I reply I see a name. Hence me asking politely if the user had tried the workaround. One question and follow-up answer goes a long way to making sure we are all on the same page.

This is much like going to the doctors office. You would not want me to prescribe the wrong medication because I was thinking about a different issue that day Perhaps because earlier that morning I had a similar situation in my office. We are all human and we all come into a situation with questions and looking for answers. If we head down the rabbit hole it's hell getting back to the top. I'd much rather someone measure twice and cut once as they say.

By the way, I love the name. I haven't shown you one of my test items.

• jimkika
    jimkika
    Community Member
    Options

Why are you guys spending your time here? This is a PAID service and not a favor. 1PW team seems lost in their own mess, for each fix, new bugs are created. It’s ridiculous. I’m testing a new app and I’ll ask reimbursement from 1pw

• dtoub
    dtoub
    Community Member
    edited October 2022
    Options

After working with support, switching from the beta back to the release version of 8 (which oddly required deleting the app and reinstalling since the release version froze at opening after reverting from then beta), I’m majorly frustrated. The final response from support was to the effect of “so sorry; we don’t have an ETA.”

That’s unacceptable for any app let alone something that requires a paid subscription. At this point I’d like to go back to 1PW 7 on iOS. Better interface and the safari extension worked. I’m tired of having to enter my 1PW password nearly every time I try to enter a password on web sites even if the iOS app is u locked. There is no FaceID for the extension: why not?

How can I revert to v7 on iOS?

Long-time user and beta tester. If you’ve lost folks like me there is a problem. Read the App Store reviews; lots of folks are reporting this for the latest release version.

• qzzb
    qzzb
    Community Member
    Options

Same problem here too. Lately I am typing my main password so much it’s making the 1Password experience awful. On iPad and iOS which I use rather than a laptop - kinda making me consider using another password manager to be honest. It’s been going on ever since 1Password 8 came out in one form or another

• dtoub
    dtoub
    Community Member
    edited October 2022
    Options

Just found where it’s available and downloaded. Keeping my fingers crossed.

• hegguardo
    hegguardo
    Community Member
    Options
  • carl123
    carl123
    Community Member
    Options

Also happening here. I have all settings at the maximum deauthorize duration and I have to re enter my password every time (often as little as 5 minutes apart). This looks like amateur software development to me, I’ve rarely seen a new version of any product bungled as badly. Adopting the new browser plug-in API was a bad idea, plain and simple.

• qzzb
    qzzb
    Community Member
    Options

Can replicate this by killing safari. If you sign into the extension then kill the safari app it then asks for master password again. Might be why it’s sporadic. iOS shutting the app down in the background and causing the password prompt to come up again. Should make it easier for devs to fix

• kctfrome
    kctfrome
    Community Member
    Options

Looks like the problems began with the move to using Electron / Electronjs to rewrite the application (version 8). Is it possible that the problem is being caused by “Electron Hardener” that 1Password had to develop to overcome the security issues within NodeJS?

• dtoub
    dtoub
    Community Member
    Options

@Samtheman67 revert to 1PW 7 on iOS (link is here). That's finally what I had to do. I've come to the conclusion that 1PW8 for iOS is no longer usable for me. Bad enough the interface is no longer useful, but this was the last straw. On macOS it's usable. iOS, not at all.

What used to be an incredibly reliable app has become terribly deprecated. At least iCloud Keychain works.

• Samtheman67
    Samtheman67
    Community Member
    Options

My Mac is fine. My iPhone is ok about 90% of the time with Face ID. iPad when I use Touch ID does not fill in my password to open up 1password. iPad is a pain to use with 1password. I have used one password for years have about 108 passwords. How do you go back to 1password 7? I think I will just use my I phone and Mac for now and keep my finger crossed that 1password can figure the out this problem soon.

• dtoub
    dtoub
    Community Member
    Options

@Samtheman67 I posted the link to 1PW7 (iOS) in the post immediately before your current one. Just offload or delete 1PW 8 from your phone or iPad and download and install 1PW 7 from the link and sign in. Reenable the Safari extension and you're good. I feel like a lot of us are ditching 1PW 8 for iOS right now because it's broken. Badly.

• We've not forgotten you folks. We're trying to get this one behind us.

@hegguardo

The 1 week ‘fix’ appears to have been broken by the latest iOS/iPadOS update, Version 8.9.6… anyone else experiencing the same?!

Yes, there have been reports of this behavior.

• cleexpat
    cleexpat
    Community Member
    Options

In the past week my safari extension no longer allows me to use FaceID to unlock it, and now often locks down, requiring me to type in my master password. It is configured (and even reinstalled) on the browser and in the iOS app settings to allow for this and enable a couple weeks between when I need to re-login but still doesn’t accept FaceID and locks down within minutes. Is this a bug on iOS 16 or something else? I am not having this problem on the app-side.

• jtjones0304
    jtjones0304
    Community Member
    Options

Safari Extension Continually Asks for Password on iOS after a recent update. It requires typing in password with no option for Face ID. After a few minutes I have enter password again to to use the extension.

Can this be fixed to respect the timeout specified in Settings?

1Password Version: Not Provided
    Extension Version: Not Provided
    OS Version: Not Provided
    Browser:_ Not Provided

• FoCoJayco
    FoCoJayco
    Community Member
    Options

I’m having this issue as well on my iPad with iPad OS 15.6.1 and 1Password 8.

• dgrass90
    dgrass90
    Community Member
    Options

I’m experiencing the exact same issue on my iPhone 13 Pro running iOS 16.0.3.

This discussion has been closed.