Experiment #4 – New interface in 1Password.com’s vault view

Options

Comments

• Jay0456
    Jay0456
    Community Member
    Options

How often do you use the vault view in 1Password.com?
    Every day - frequently. I use web version way more than desktop version. I use multiple chrome personalities simultaneously for different organizations.
    I am glad to see them be unified anyway possible for seamless experience as I always edit passcards in web version. Seems much easier for me to do than desktop app.

ps. loving the 2fa feature!

• dkg
    dkg
    Community Member
    Options

How about making better use of TAGS? #1, make Tags a 'pinned' choice, #2, provide an easy way to access Tag names and to batch-edit tag application and removal. After all, the whole purpose of this program is to enhance productivity inside a secure shell, so why not make Quick Access to chosen log-ins a top priority ?

• daleheath
    daleheath
    Community Member
    edited March 9
    Options

I would like to sort by category and title with favorites at the top. Maximum flexiblity. I like the Favorite button on the left. I use Vault view to check for duplicates once in awhile.

• AnitaGraham
    AnitaGraham
    Community Member
    Options

This is the first time I've tried this view (I prefer to use the app rather than the web interface).

My main thought was that I can't see my profile or settings (I accidentally left 'keep me logged in' ticked, and I want to log out before I go).

• daleheath
    daleheath
    Community Member
    edited March 9
    Options

I found that I can have the traditional view open in 1 window and the beta version open in a second window. Any problem using it this way? Seems to work OK.

• guiambros
    guiambros
    Community Member
    Options

Rather useless to release a read-only beta. You should at least say it's read-only before offering the "Take a Look". Spent 20s looking for the (+) icon to add a new item, and only understood it was read-only when I got to this page for feedback.

• nnnnnpatel
    nnnnnpatel
    Community Member
    Options

Wish there was a better method to share password.

• nnnnnpatel
    nnnnnpatel
    Community Member
    Options

Having the ability to change font size would be great for the menu's.

• LarryGFlorence
    LarryGFlorence
    Community Member
    Options

Where is "Log Out"?

• UserUnauthorized
    UserUnauthorized
    Community Member
    Options

Can someone tell me where the "Project History" is for the new version of the interface?

• konstantin
    konstantin
    Community Member
    Options

How do I open Watchtower from the new view? Is it getting moved somewhere else?

• joap49
    joap49
    Community Member
    Options

The primary questions I'm trying to answer are:
    1. Do you prefer this new interface over the old one?
    -> I do not! I preferred to see the categories listed already for my quick actions rather than adding an extra click to the drop down. I also don't prefer the container with the item info to fill the width of my browser. It makes it hard to read.

1. Do you see value in us rolling out this new interface of the vault view to all 1Password users?
      -> No, I think it will make the process of finding what I'm looking for longer.

2. Are you experiencing any performance issues? Keep in mind this is a read-only version at this time.
      -> Items weren't loading for a while.

3. How often do you use the vault view in 1Password.com?
      -> What is vault view? I usually will search what I'm looking for or I use categories to filter. i.e. when I'm online shopping, Ill hit the category Credit Cards and from there I decide which card I'm going to use.

• lunafutures
    lunafutures
    Community Member
    Options

Please make sure to consider 4k monitors! The new design has fields stretching way too far across the screen (it's about 70% of my screen width) in a way that the old design doesn't.

• thedatas
    thedatas
    Community Member
    Options

UI looks great, it immediately recognized I preferred dark mode or was just dark by default. Quick question and forgive me if this isn't the forum but my main pain point with 1Password is that I constantly want to just get to the vault yet the only way to get there seems to be to click to Edit something and Cancel out of it, which is 2 clicks for 1 outcome and feels like a "hack" - is there a way to click once to get to the vault? Thank you for all the work you do - definitely the highest-rated of its kind among security professionals in all places I've worked at.

• bjn86
    bjn86
    Community Member
    Options

Hello!
    (a) Yes! The condensed view, bringing all the fields up closer together, making it easier to view everything without needing to scroll etc.!
    (b) Also, I'm loving that it recognises Dark Mode from the browser/PC settings etc!

1. Do you see value in us rolling out this new interface of the vault view to all 1Password users?
      (a) Absolutely! It's fresh, and very worthy of a rollout.

2. Are you experiencing any performance issues? Keep in mind this is a read-only version at this time.
      (a) I was going to say "can't edit" but realised very quickly it was a 'sneak peak of the redesign', thus, making sense why edits wouldn't work here ha-ha. Can't wait to see the edit screens and am very hopeful that they're more intuitive and also in Dark Mode! (The blinding brightness of white screens on websites in 2024 makes me want to find products that don't force that upon me these days! lol).

3. How often do you use the vault view in 1Password.com?
      (a) At least once per week - I'm usually changing or updating a password for a platform that often to keep my various accounts secure. :)

I'm excited and hope this comes out sooner rather than later!
    Thanks!

• kuederob
    kuederob
    Community Member
    Options

I greatly appreciated the previous search functionality, which displayed all items containing the searched word or email address directly. The current system, which limits the display to a dropdown of eight items and requires an additional click to view all matches, feels less user-friendly and introduces an unnecessary step compared to the old method.

• mjhutchison
    mjhutchison
    Community Member
    Options

Right now I prefer the old interface, primarily because in the new interface the "copy/reveal" or "open and fill" buttons for the password and site fields are way over on the right of my screen. Don't like having to move way over to the edge of the screen, and with wide screens at work & home it's more than an annoyance.

In the old interface, those fields are right next to the fields and way more convenient for use.

I use the vault view many times per day at work, and a couple times per week at home.

• paulcsiki
    paulcsiki
    Community Member
    Options

I'd be nice to be able to move items from vaults the same way you can do it from the desktop app by clicking on the vault name while browsing an item.

• mjhutchison
    mjhutchison
    Community Member
    Options

Update to my earlier comment just above:

I see that you're addressing feedback from others on the location of the copy/reveal/open buttons, thanks very much.

Also appreciate putting Categories back in the left pane instead of in the middle pane, it was weird to see it moved and can echo other comments about the unnecessary navigation to get to them. I also feel that if Tags can live in the left pane, so can Categories ;-)

(I don't use tags a whole lot, neither does my team at work. Seems more time is spent trying to create/manage tags vs just finding objects within a category, so we just don't bother).

• grohrsheim
    grohrsheim
    Community Member
    Options

Is there no delete functionality in the beta UI or am I missing it?
    I went to remove an entry in the beta UI (which I really like) but can't see a delete button?

1Password Version: Not Provided
    Extension Version: Not Provided
    OS Version: Not Provided
    Browser: Not Provided

• powerpage
    powerpage
    Community Member
    Options

I love the new 1Password Web UI! It looks more like the standalone app and is much better than the previous, all-white design. If I could add new items, I'd use it exclusively.

Q1: Will the Web UI include a dark mode?

Q2: Any plans for the 1P Chrome extension? I'm limited to using a corp-assigned Chromebook during business hours, so I use the 1Password Web UI and the Chrome extension (v2.21.0) exclusively. Is there a beta for that?

Many thanks from this day0 user & advocate!

• Jason O'Grady☘
  • BE55Roberts
    BE55Roberts
    Community Member
    Options

Overall, I like the new interface. I use the web application when I'm home, mobile app when I'm traveling.
    I would also like to see a way to switch between vaults in the read only mode. Seems like it should be part of navigation, as well as changing category. I do like the way categories are now displayed.
    Search is fast - very important to me. I need to be able to find a password quickly. The {Copy, Reveal, Show in Large Type} drop down is a bit too far over. I initially overlooked it, and missed the buttons. Perhaps you could move it to halfway across the line, to make it easier to spot. I like the Large Type display. It helps me resolve whether a particular password had an "I" (eye) or an "l" (el). And I like that you colored the numbers. Be sure to put that in the Help screen, or even add a footnote to identify it.

• hulbertcarol
    hulbertcarol
    Community Member
    Options

@rob Replying to your wanting me to elaborate on my comment ... Not liking that the log out option is "hidden."

You had said... "We've always had it at the bottom of a menu, although if you have quite a few vaults I can see how it could be harder to find now."

I don't have a lot of vaults. My point is: at the bottom of which menu is the logout option? I just can not find it.

• socceric
    socceric
    Community Member
    edited March 13
    Options

How do I see item/sharing/password history in the new UI? Critical not to remove any of those essential features (or any other feature really)

• iknowkungfoo
    iknowkungfoo
    Community Member
    edited March 13
    Options

I think the missing categories section was already mentioned. If you intend to make things cleaner or more organized, I want to see a default set of tags. I would also like entries to be offered suggested tags based on known website domains. Being able to replace my user-created tags over time with a more succinct set would reduce sidebar clutter.

If the Categories section is removed, maybe add those icons to the right of each tag to visualize if a tag is related to one or more categories. I generally lean towards search, but I also like to see what's associated with different categories. This helps clear things out over time.

• FrankFJHarmon
    FrankFJHarmon
    Community Member
    edited March 15
    Options

Please make locating the "add new login button" easy and obvious. It is easy and obvious in the current version but not in the same place or as obvious in the new version.

Also, please make it very easy to run a random password generator when setting up a new login entry at any time. Testing a random password on a login site before entering it into 1Password is easier because if the site rejects the password when first testing it, you don't have to make sure you remove it from 1Password and replace it with a subsequent password that was approved/accepted by the site.

Adding a new login and generating passwords are two of the most important things I want to be able to find and use easily.

1Password Version: Not Provided
    Extension Version: Not Provided
    OS Version: Not Provided
    Browser: Not Provided

• filniculescu
    filniculescu
    Community Member
    edited March 14
    Options

I don't mind the new one, just worried about the real estate the nav on the left are taking (like the old one)

Could the new one have nav bars that are retractable through hover, or toggle?

Issues

• Can't see the new item plus '+' button (Is there a new item creation button/method that I'm not seeing?)
    • Ditto the 'Edit' button

• Recent_Convert
    Recent_Convert
    Community Member
    Options

Yes

Yes

1. Are you experiencing any performance issues? Keep in mind this is a read-only version at this time.

Works fine

1. How often do you use the vault view in 1Password.com?

Often as the extension is blocked at work and I exclusively use Chromebooks so I can't use an installed app which makes the web vault view my primary way of interacting with 1PW.

My one criticism is that account stuff should have its own button/location (ideally in the upper right like it is in most places) to manage account, settings, and login state. Looking for it under the vault selection is not an intuitive location.

• tonsis63
    tonsis63
    Community Member
    Options

Overall, I like the look very much. It does indeed match the look of most of my apps. 'Just my 1st impressions, though. Generally speaking, I like users to have the option to choose between light and dark skins while retaining identical functionality.