Experiment #4 – New interface in 1Password.com’s vault view

Options

Comments

• mgol
    mgol
    Community Member
    Options

It's impossible to search within archived items; the same issue affects the desktop app. The old web UI supports that; if you click on Archive after searching for something, the search is still active, showing the results within the archived ones.

• longtimeuser1
    longtimeuser1
    Community Member
    Options

Here are a few of my Initial observations, opinions.

1. I prefer the original white background as opposed to the blue background on the left in the new UI. I think the blue color is a distraction and an eye sore and does not gel with the rest of the pane back grounds.
    2. All Items Count is missing in the new UI.
    3. Try to make the help sections mote prominent like a dedicated section to FAQs or a an AI chatbot or whatever. On the left menu itself. I have been trying to get my elderly parents to use the app for years now and they always forget how to use it and just don't get it even though is super simple and intuitive in reality. lol... Maybe a special Senior Help section is needed ;-p

1Password Version: Not Provided
    Extension Version: 2.21.0
    OS Version: Windows
    Browser: Chrome

• Brandis
    Brandis
    Community Member
    Options

I prefer the item view in the old version, where in the alphabetical view there is no grouping headers (A / B / C etc.) but just a continunous list. It probably makes sense for large lists. But I have a separate list for just the stuff I need at work and right now, it fits nicely onto a single page. But with the headers, it expands to almost 2 pages, so I have to scroll down if I want to look at something further down the list. Maybe this could be turned on or off in the settings.

• FScheps
    FScheps
    Community Member
    edited March 20
    Options

Hi I just noticed this as I barely use the vault view. But one of the functionalities that I like about this view, is the fact that FINALLY we are able to search for a specific text within one opened note.
    This is something we need integrated on the Browser plugin/extension. This is something we had in LastPass since forever, searching for something in all the secured notes its impossible. I end up having to copy all the contents of my note into a notepad to be able to do something as simple as....search.

Also please enable us to share passwords and notes with other 1Password users (not necessarily inside our family or team) and keep the data in sync if the items are accepted. Having to share the items again whenever there is an update is really annoying.

Thank you!

• agent177
    agent177
    Community Member
    Options

Hi - as far as I can tell, the ability to look at an item's history has been removed. Is this intentional? Or is the option hidden somewhere?

• brucebc
    brucebc
    Community Member
    Options

This interface is nice, it's getting closer to the app, but it needs to let us see all accounts we're signed into.

Or at least let us switch accounts (opening same interface for different account, in another tab).

Old web interface was also a pain this way: it makes no sense to me that I can see all items across all accounts in the extension but not in the web interface.

Also, for old and new interfaces alike, it's a weird workaround to have to edit an item in extension, to force open its corresponding account's web view. A button would be better!

• jimmyjayp
    jimmyjayp
    Community Member
    Options

On your web UI, I can select my shared vault and then Credit Cards at which point I only see the credit cards in that vault. In my Mac app, I can either see all entries in the Shared vault OR all credit cards in all vaults.

The new UI design seems to function like the app. While I like the notion of the two being the same, I'd very much like it if both had the ability to apply all the filter types for a selected vault.

Extension Version: Not Provided
    OS Version: Not Provided
    Browser: Not Provided

• jandaar
    jandaar
    Community Member
    Options
    1. Do you prefer this new interface over the old one?
      No.
    • I do not like that categories was moved into a dropdown above the items. I prefer to see all categories at once like the old interface. It gets me to my need information quicker.
    • I'm okay with the vault dropdown moving to the left, but I do not see a way back to the vault cards (perhaps that is coming later) whereas before I could click the keyhole button on the top-left.
    • I don't see the Favorite or Send-To button on an entry. Hopefully these aren't being removed.
    • An entry is missing the vault location on the bottom. I see it shows it in the breadcrumbs above the entry, but they aren't clickable. Why???
    1. Do you see value in us rolling out this new interface of the vault view to all 1Password users?
      Only as an option. I don't see value in forcing a new interface on users when the old interface is functional and serves the current need. I'm a subscriber to YNAB and they changed their interface colors recently. The color scheme chosen works well for many, but it hurts my eyes and I may not renew when my subscription expires in June. If a refresh dramatically changes the color scheme, then provide an option for users to choose what works for them. Don't force it on everyone.

2. Are you experiencing any performance issues? Keep in mind this is a read-only version at this time.
      No.

3. How often do you use the vault view in 1Password.com?
      Several times per week. I utilize vaults for organizing my own passwords for quick access (i.e. work, financial) and storing passwords that aren't mine (mother-in-law who is not technically savvy).

• grogan3107
    grogan3107
    Community Member
    Options

I am not a fan of seeing only the most recently used login items under each category as is presented in the mobile app view. I prefer to see all login items under each category.

• mbesemann
    mbesemann
    Community Member
    Options

I will second @mgol - the new version is lacking the ability to filter through a sub-category (for example, I have many Google accounts but the ones I use most often are under Favourites, so I usually select Favourites first, and then do a further text search. That is not possible in the new version.)

Otherwise, I don't mind the new look & feel, it brings it a bit closer to the desktop app.

• radcapitalist
    radcapitalist
    Community Member
    edited March 26
    Options

Sorry, but with the new interface, it is completely unclear how you go about adding a new login. Not discoverable from the UI at all. Epic fail. Where is the big + sign from the old UI? Reverting to old UI.

OS Version: MacOS 14.2.1
    Browser: Edge

• slackero
    slackero
    Community Member
    Options

Why you make the same mistakes as everybody? The UI looks modern, yes, but the mixture of white text on dark background together for the left column and with the opposite on the right side makes it absolutely uncomfortable to read for people with astigmatism. Why you do not follow the system settings? Why we have dark and bright mode? Follow such design principles and try to avoid such hard contrasts in the UI. No no no, it's not better! Or give us themes.

• Craig M
    Craig M
    Community Member
    Options

I like the Dark look!
    One of the things I miss from my Amiga 3000 is Black type on Grey background!
    Keep up the good work!

• lsimms101
    lsimms101
    Community Member
    Options

Could we please update the interface to be able to tag items more easily? Something like right click an item > add to existing tag or create new tag.

Its quite cumbersome to have to edit every item > scroll down > TYPE the tag (as opposed to having existing ones available from a dropdown) > save

Also, would be awesome if we could color code tags and put related items/tags near eachother. Along with color coding, sort by color/tag in all items would be awesome.

• CalvinsPal
    CalvinsPal
    Community Member
    Options

The 'new' interface, editing is done ?

OS Version: win11
    Browser: chrome

• djblais
    djblais
    Community Member
    Options
    1. Yes!
    2. I do, and appreciate the simpler & eye friendy view!
    3. No
    4. Frequently enough, I mainly connect via chrome os within chrome browser.
  • OtterlyOlive
    OtterlyOlive
    Community Member
    Options

Please put the categories back in the left-hand menu.
    This is significantly more clicks to get my credit-cards, and is honestly a severe downgrade in UX.
    It makes 1Password much worse to use.

• jscarle
    jscarle
    Community Member
    Options

Once you dismiss the sneak peak, there's no way to go back to it later to try it again!

• CrimsonRanger1
    CrimsonRanger1
    Community Member
    Options
    1. Do you prefer this new interface over the old one? Pretty solid update. Decent amount of space though in each password area. It'd probably look better on mobile. The click to reveal is far off to the right from the password itself. Maybe put the dropdown first thing to the left. Where is the add button going to be as well?
    2. Do you see value in us rolling out this new interface of the vault view to all 1Password users? Sure
    3. Are you experiencing any performance issues? Keep in mind this is a read-only version at this time.
    4. How often do you use the vault view in 1Password.com? I most often use All Vaults and All Items and just search each item. I'll occasionally check watchtower
  • Thorz
    Thorz
    Community Member
    Options

Is there any way to unsubscribe from notifications from this thread without turning off all other reply thread notifications on this board?

I regret deeply to have replied to this thread 🙁. My inbox is now receiving garbage emails every time someone replies here, and the only notification setting I have found is either completely on or completely off for all threads I am following on the board.

This is the only board on the internet that doesn't offer managing notifications on a thread basis in 2024

• dlreisch
    dlreisch
    Community Member
    Options

The new interface is better than the older web interface, I don't use the current web interface often but will if it looks and act like the desktop ver.

• ozlevka
    ozlevka
    Community Member
    edited March 25
    Options

I recently came across a unique interface design where the "new" button not exists. I kindly suggest reconsidering its placement to prominent position, potentially saving time for myself and fellow users.

• BE55Roberts
    BE55Roberts
    Community Member
    Options

When I search for part of the name of the item, I get a long list. For example, suppose I have items:
    A.B.C
    D.B.C
    Where each letter stands for a keyword of some sort - e.g. A could be "Able".
    In the old interface, if I searched for "B.C" I would get just these two matches - great result!
    In the new interface, if I searched for "B.C", I get the first item that matches in the entire vault - not very selective! I do get a drop down list with the 2 items to choose from, and a "Show all matching items" option to display just the above two.

Also, I don't see any way to Delete an item; but that could be coming with the Edit feature. Please make Delete more intuitive, but leave the confirmation step to avoid inadvertent deletes.

• Truck
    Truck
    Community Member
    Options

The new design is still not responsive, so it's still unusable on mobile.

• EvonG1P
    Options

Hello @radcapitalist, thank you for reaching out.

May I ask if you are referring to the early access interface in 1Password.com’s vault view? If so, the new UI provides a read-only version. It is an early-access view with limited functionality compared to the current interface.

I look forward to hearing back.

-Evon

• MattByron
    MattByron
    Community Member
    Options

This is great - much much more intuitive. I use light mode, and I love the slack-style left bar. I mostly only use the online vault to add or edit items, so I'll kick the tyres more when you enable add and edit. In the meantime, great work! There's some seriously good thought gone into the UX redesign, so please pass on my compliments to the team.

• radcapitalist
    radcapitalist
    Community Member
    Options

Hey, Evon,

Yes, this was the early access interface. If I was told somehow that the new interface was read-only, it was certainly not prominent. Maybe you could make that a little more prominent. Another way to handle this would be to go ahead and put the big + button on the early access interface where it will be in the final version, and then when someone clicks it, tell them at that point that you can't add new logins with the early access interface, it's read-only. That would prevent people from searching around for it and getting frustrated that they can't find it.

HTH,

Eric

• filippogin
    filippogin
    Community Member
    Options

How do I add a new element? In the previous dashboard, I could see a clear + (plus) button to add a new element. I cannot see that in this experiment.

Before/after:

• steve4lcsas
    steve4lcsas
    Community Member
    Options

The primary questions I'm trying to answer are:
    1. Do you prefer this new interface over the old one?

yes - like it mirroring the console view.

1. Do you see value in us rolling out this new interface of the vault view to all 1Password users?

yes

1. Are you experiencing any performance issues? Keep in mind this is a read-only version at this time.

nope

1. How often do you use the vault view in 1Password.com?

About once a week.

• JoshBer
    JoshBer
    Community Member
    Options

In general the new view is much more navigable and speedier on desktop than the original one. I'd use it full-time, except it's read-only.

I would prefer it if, in the desktop view, that the left nav bar included the list of vaults instead of needing to use the drop down. But that's pretty minor.

Browser: Firefox