rwills
    Community Member

The new interface is so slow. :(

• inetbas
    inetbas
    Community Member

@rob
    Thank you for the feedback on:
    @inetbas the web app isn't currently designed to make this easy, but you can do it. If your browser has a "duplicate tab" function, you can use that. Otherwise you can just copy the URL and make a new tab and paste it in. At the moment you will have to sign in again in the new tab, but we're working on some improvements there.

Another option is to use the desktop app instead. In the top right corner of an item, click the three dots and select "Open Item in New Window". One of my favorite parts of that feature is you can actually drag and drop fields from the item onto text fields in your browser or any other app. You can also do this from the main desktop app window.

Opening a new Window, I know that functionality, isn't the same as having entries open as tabs next to each other in the app. Specific on a laptop (my primary work platform) and iPad (my primary private platform), Having tabs next to each other is handy.

• ontario
    ontario
    Community Member

@rob thx for replying. The Share option has totally disappeared from the Chrome extension, see screenshot.

• andrewburton
    andrewburton
    Community Member
    edited September 4

The "new" 1password browser doesn't work for me (totally blank with no accessible passwords as others have shown here) and none of the 1password apps work for me either.

I've (and my administrator has) spent a lot of time with 1password support and found that these are bugs. Super frustrating that I have to constantly login to the web browser then revert to an old version to be able to access any of my passwords.

I'm locked in at the moment by my employer, but I can't imagine why anyone would purchase this vs dashlane (I felt differently when I thought 1password worked).

• rob
    rob
    edited September 5

Yeah, a couple of times I've accidentally deleted the OTP code, and then otherwise modified an item. It's easier to just copy the URI from the old version in the history, instead of restore old, copy URI, restore new, edit and paste.

@Racer77 thanks for the clarification! I'll pass this on to the team.

The new interface is so slow. :(

@rwills we're working on some improvements to the initial load time. Is that where you're having trouble? Or is it still slow even after it's loaded?

Opening a new Window, I know that functionality, isn't the same as having entries open as tabs next to each other in the app.

@inetbas ah, I misunderstood you to mean browser tabs, sorry about that. I'll pass this idea along.

In the meantime there are a couple ways you could do something similar. Favorites is one. If you're frequently trying to access the same items, marking them as favorites is kinda like "pinned tabs" in a browser. Another option is tags. If you want to see all your bank items together, you could tag them with "bank" and then select the "bank" tag in the sidebar to easily switch between them.

The Share option has totally disappeared from the Chrome extension

@ontario oh interesting, I asked around and this was a bug that we recently fixed in the latest version of the extension. I'm on the nightly channel so I was already seeing it fixed. You should get the update automatically soon if you haven't already.

The "new" 1password browser doesn't work for me (totally blank with no accessible passwords as others have shown here) and none of the 1password apps work for me either.

@andrewburton this is really surprising to me. I think I've only seen one or two similar reports, and neither person has replied to me so we can look into it. I don't think I've ever heard that none of the other apps work either. If you had a support ID or forum thread, could you post it here so I can follow up?

• andrewburton
    andrewburton
    Community Member

@rob I think this -> [#DCF-93919-689] is an open ticket I submitted a while ago on the error in the browser. I dug pretty deep on this before I was told that the browser and app errors were bugs and I'd likely need to wait for a fix.

Help is welcome if there's a way to get this fixed.

• Thanks, @andrewburton! I'll follow up there.

• alextsm
    alextsm
    Community Member

Reporting one issue (1) and one feedback (2):
    1) My organization is frequently running into timeouts when logging in to our 1P website. I'd say it happens to me about 60-80% of the time when logging in - really frustrating considering that sessions time out after ~10 mins. I have to hard refresh the page in my browser and try again until it works.
    2) In the new UI, if you click Favorites, then use the top search box, the results are not exclusively from the Favorites. In the old UI, this would only search within Favorites. This change greatly slows me down using the new UI. I really wish it would behave as it used to. As a power user with thousands of records, I need to quickly filter and search.

• Hey, @alextsm.

My organization is frequently running into timeouts when logging in to our 1P website. I'd say it happens to me about 60-80% of the time when logging in - really frustrating considering that sessions time out after ~10 mins. I have to hard refresh the page in my browser and try again until it works.

Do you mean that when you log in, you see a spinner or blank page and it never finishes logging you in? Or are you referring to the auto-lock that happens after 10 minutes? If it's the auto-lock, you can actually change that value to something longer if you'd like. The setting is on the left side of your profile page: https://start.1password.com/profile

In the new UI, if you click Favorites, then use the top search box, the results are not exclusively from the Favorites.

There's a separate filtering feature for this use case. Click the magnifying glass at the top of the list next to the sort menu and you can filter just the current list.

• alextsm
    alextsm
    Community Member

When logging in times out, I see the spinner forever.

I see the 'find in' button now, thank you.

• inetbas
    inetbas
    Community Member

Hello Rob @rob ,

I have several accounts for even one customer. Production login, Lab network login etc. But also private I do the same. Besides the credentails the entry often contains other info that I like to have open over 2 or more entries. Thinks like Internal URL's, jumphost. Info that I still want to have in a fault rather then in notepad or as bookmark in a browser. Have specific in the 1Password Windows and iPad app 2 or more entries open as Tabs. like you have documents open in Notepad++, Visual Studio Code over several tabs.

• rrrobot
    rrrobot
    Community Member

Hi, I am continuing to experience severe performance degradation with the new javascript/electron powered UI. Just yesterday I was in a bind where the android app was showing a blank/empty screen for several minutes when I was in an air-gapped environment. Force-stopping the app didn't work, neither did clearing the cache. I had to wait for several minutes before the credential I searched for loaded. Suffice it to say that if I were working a time sensitive issue that this could have been a big deal with real world costs.

While I do have more than 1000 passwords across several vaults, what's the point of a password manager that can't manage passwords? I had zero performance issues with the old app and strongly recommend a return to native app development on mobile devices (be they apple or android or anything else that comes along)

As an aside: the web-extension is also incredibly slow, and I'm inclined to believe that a substantial amount of JavaScript bloat has been added there as well (likely the same codebase as the mobile app).

A word to the product management and engineering leads: Please add performance requirements to your PRD or software acceptance criteria. While I'm not a fan of electron apps (power hogs) there's no reason why they can't perform well on highly-specced mobile devices (such as the Samsung S22 Ultra I use).

In case anyone asks: yes, this is where the 'Let us know what you think' link takes me from the Android app... (again reinforcing the finding that the codebases are shared across platforms)

• mortonmanor
    mortonmanor
    Community Member

This is my first time using the new interface as I usually use the app (iOS, iPad OS, Mac OS, Windows and Ubuntu). Because the new interface looks a lot like the apps, I was immediately comfortable and was easily able to do what I came to do (update an API key). The new look and functionality helps a great deal and makes it much more likely to use this web app/page for some of my normal 1Password uses.

1. Very much so
    2. Do you see value in us rolling out this new interface of the vault item view to all 1Password users? - If you haven't already done so, yes I see a lot of value in it. Consistent interface and easy of use is greatly improved.
    3. Are you experiencing any performance issues? - No performance issues so far, but I am late to the game here so I'm benefiting from other's reports and your iterative improvements.
    4. How often do you use the vault item view in 1Password.com? Typically once or twice a month, but I'm likely to use it more often now. Not that the previous instance was terrible, but the new one feels familiar so that I am able to quickly do what I need to do and move on.

-David

• rob
    rob
    edited September 10

When logging in times out, I see the spinner forever.

@alextsm the next time this happens, could you send in a browser console log so I can take a look? Send it to support+forum@1password.com with a link to this thread, and then post here with the support ID you get back so I can follow up.

I have several accounts for even one customer.

@inetbas I'm not sure I'm understanding your request yet. Using tags you could group items together by customer or other labels. Are you saying you want to be able to edit multiple items at the same time without having to save an item to switch to a different one? Or do you want to have the same item open in multiple tabs?

Hi, I am continuing to experience severe performance degradation with the new javascript/electron powered UI.

@rrrobot just to be clear both web app versions are powered by JavaScript and neither by Electron. The new web experience also uses WebAssembly. The Android app does not use JavaScript, Electron, or WebAssembly. It is a native app.

Just yesterday I was in a bind where the android app was showing a blank/empty screen for several minutes when I was in an air-gapped environment.

@rrrobot I'm sorry to hear this. I've raised the issue with the team again. In the meantime, I heard (I don't have an Android device to test this) that if you turn on airplane mode when you're in this situation it will fix the problem. It seems to be an issue with certain network situations where 1Password isn't able to tell you're offline.

In case anyone asks: yes, this is where the 'Let us know what you think' link takes me from the Android app... (again reinforcing the finding that the codebases are shared across platforms)

@rrrobot there's definitely some confusion here. The only place the "Let us know what you think" link exists is in the web app, not the Android app, I promise. If you're accessing the web app on your Android device with a web browser, that's fine, but it's not yet designed to be mobile friendly, and it will not work offline.

The new look and functionality helps a great deal and makes it much more likely to use this web app/page for some of my normal 1Password uses.

@mortonmanor So glad to hear it, David! Thanks for sharing.

• inetbas
    inetbas
    Community Member

@rrrobot, I like to have different items next too each other as tabs in the windows and IOS app. For a mobile I find the screen to small so that is less an issue.
    If I can also edit them at the same time is nice. But for me view items and their content next to each other is what I am seeking. I don't need the same item open twice.
    BTW: I already use tags to group items for customers, bank, multimedia/streaming etc.

• mikEDC
    mikEDC
    Community Member

Using the web version is there a way in the new version to keep the items in the old format of

LABEL FIELD

instead of

LABEL
    FIELD

Visually it's easier to find things when they are broken out into two columns instead of everything in one column.

Also the section labels are too small and blend in with everything else. These should be more distinct / stand out more especially when scrolling.

• natejosiah
    natejosiah
    Community Member
    edited September 12

The primary questions I'm trying to answer are:
    1. Do you prefer this new interface over the old one? No
    2. Do you see value in us rolling out this new interface of the vault item view to all 1Password users? No
    3. Are you experiencing any performance issues? Yes, Now even the old UI has trouble loading and I need to refresh and sign in multiple times before I get vault access.
    4. How often do you use the vault item view in 1Password.com? Every day.

This next question is coming from a shared vault for a department. This is not a personal vault I need to just open up anything while I am signed in to the same browser/identity. We use this often in an incognito browser for that access.

On the Web interface (Our primary use) how come you took away the ability to right click a website link entry? Our usual process is to copy the password to clipboard, right click the website, open in incognito tab, and continue entering the username, pasting the password and sending it. Now this process is much longer to get a browser opened in an incognito browser and use two identities at once.

I didn't spend a lot of time in the new UI looking to fix this with a setting because it was too unusable.

• mmanning
    mmanning
    Community Member
    edited September 15

How long is the "new UI" notification going to be display? If you include the time prior to the new UI going into effect until now, its been displayed for quite awhile. As someone who uses the online version of 1P daily, dismissing the notification has gotten to be really annoying after all this time. At least give us an option to disable it from being displayed.

• cornelius47
    cornelius47
    Community Member

Hello folks, maybe this issue was already reported but wanted to let you know in case it wasn't. I am not able to save one time passwords using the new UI, I keep getting an error when saving the item, the error message does not contain information, only that there was an error in saving. The error message is also displayed at the bottom of the page, and the OTP seems to have worked, so if someone doesn't notice the error, they would think the OTP was set up correctly, however, when navigating away from the item and going back, the OTP is not actually saved. This feature works perfectly in the old UI.

• mjwcones
    mjwcones
    Community Member

I don't like the "new" design.
    I have to login several times before I get in. What is wrong? Is there a new login page?

• Using the web version is there a way in the new version to keep the items in the old format

Hi, @mikEDC. It's not possible to split the field labels and values into separate columns, no, but I've noted your feedback for the team.

Our usual process is to copy the password to clipboard, right click the website, open in incognito tab, and continue entering the username, pasting the password and sending it. Now this process is much longer to get a browser opened in an incognito browser and use two identities at once.

@natejosiah I would highly recommend using the browser extension for this task instead. Filling forms is its job. The web app, like the desktop app, is made for managing your data.

You can enable the 1Password browser extension for incognito windows in your browser's extension settings, and then all you have to do is open a new incognito tab, search for the item in the browser extension, and hit enter. Then it will open the site and fill your information for you, and you never have to have secrets copied onto your clipboard.

As someone who uses the online version of 1P daily, dismissing the notification has gotten to be really annoying after all this time.

@mmanning I'm sorry for the annoyance. Once you dismiss the purple banner, it shouldn't be shown again, but that depends on your browser's storage not getting cleared.

To answer your question, though, we paused a bit longer than originally planned to address some feedback about performance. We're close to continuing the final phase and removing the banner.

I am not able to save one time passwords using the new UI, I keep getting an error when saving the item, the error message does not contain information, only that there was an error in saving.

@cornelius47 I wasn't able to reproduce this issue, and it's the first time I've heard it. If you're still seeing it, could you make it happen again and then send me a console log? Send it to support+forum@1password.com and include a link to this thread, then post here with your support ID when you receive it.

I have to login several times before I get in.

@mjwcones I'm not sure what's going on here. You shouldn't need to sign in more than once to access your items. Is this happening every time you sign in?

What happens after you sign in? Are you taken back to the same sign-in page you were just on?

• dserodio
    dserodio
    Community Member

The Notes section doesn't render Markdown like the app and browser extension do.

Apologies it this has already been reported, but I didn't find a way to search for comments in a single post like this.

• Hey, @dserodio, thanks for the post! For this first version we focused on features the old web app interface already supported. Markdown rendering will likely be coming in a future version as we continue bringing features from the desktop app to the web.

• ShoxJeanz
    ShoxJeanz
    Community Member

Currently, the settings within the vault Privacy, Watchtower, and Advanced are not sticking. Like for instance check for vulnerable passwords never stays checked, and is one that resets along with is show auto-saved web details. Not sure if this has been conveyed yet.

I always knew the web version always showed app and website icons, does this one really matter for the web app, like concerns for privacy?

• willrowe
    willrowe
    Community Member
    1. Whenever I'm automatically logged out and come back later, I try to log in and it is stuck on loading forever. I have to go back to the home page, log in again, and then I can go back to the vault I was in.
    2. When selecting a tag in one vault and then moving to a different vault, it will try to display items with the same tag, which is often nothing because not all tags are shared among vaults. I would expect the tag filter to be reset when switching to a different vault.
    3. The "Search in..." bar will show other vaults as matches first before items within the vault I was trying to search in. Seeing as the bar is called "Search in...", I would not expect any results outside of the current vault.
    4. There is no way to quickly search the available vaults after opening the dropdown at the top left.
    5. A lot of times it will fail to save edits, especially when changing a lot of tags at the same time. This has almost led to losing passwords a couple of times since it does not say that it failed until after it already looks like it has saved and even shows that it saved. If you log out and then back in the old values return though.
  • Currently, the settings within the vault Privacy, Watchtower, and Advanced are not sticking. Like for instance check for vulnerable passwords never stays checked, and is one that resets along with is show auto-saved web details. Not sure if this has been conveyed yet.

Thank you, @ShoxJeanz! We're looking into this now.

I always knew the web version always showed app and website icons, does this one really matter for the web app, like concerns for privacy?

The privacy concern is the same for the web app as for the other apps. We didn't have an option in the old interface to turn those off, but we've added this option in the new version.

• ShoxJeanz
    ShoxJeanz
    Community Member

Thank you, appreciate your response.

• rob
    rob
    edited October 14

@willrowe thanks for the reports!

Whenever I'm automatically logged out and come back later, I try to log in and it is stuck on loading forever. I have to go back to the home page, log in again, and then I can go back to the vault I was in.

I'm going to look into this. Is this only when you are automatically logged out?

When selecting a tag in one vault and then moving to a different vault, it will try to display items with the same tag, which is often nothing because not all tags are shared among vaults. I would expect the tag filter to be reset when switching to a different vault.

Good spot. We'll take care of this.

The "Search in..." bar will show other vaults as matches first before items within the vault I was trying to search in. Seeing as the bar is called "Search in...", I would not expect any results outside of the current vault.

I'm not able to reproduce this problem. If I select a specific vault, rather than "All Vaults", my search results only include items from that vault.

There is no way to quickly search the available vaults after opening the dropdown at the top left.

True. One thing you can do is search for vaults in the global search bar.

A lot of times it will fail to save edits, especially when changing a lot of tags at the same time. This has almost led to losing passwords a couple of times since it does not say that it failed until after it already looks like it has saved and even shows that it saved. If you log out and then back in the old values return though.

I've not seen this either. Do you mean when you add a lot of tags to a single item it will frequently fail to save?

• willrowe
    willrowe
    Community Member

@rob

I'm going to look into this. Is this only when you are automatically logged out?

It will also happen if I open the tab first thing in the morning and don't log in right away. It seems to have something to do with how long the tab sits there idle.

I'm not able to reproduce this problem. If I select a specific vault, rather than "All Vaults", my search results only include items from that vault.

I did not realize there were two search bars. The one at the top is what you are referring to as the "global search bar" I guess, but it is labelled as "Search in {vault name}", which is confusing. I just noticed the search icon between the category picker and sort button, which does what I expected the global search bar to do.

True. One thing you can do is search for vaults in the global search bar.

See my response above, I was confused by the labeling of the search bars. I think these two search bars are sufficient.

I've not seen this either. Do you mean when you add a lot of tags to a single item it will frequently fail to save?

Yes, it seems to be when I'm changing multiple at the same time, but it's somewhat intermittent. I have had this happen when making other changes as well, not just tags. The unfortunate thing about it is that it behaves like it has successfully saved the changes, but then after a couple of seconds a small toast message will pop up saying that the changes failed to save, but the new values are still displayed until you log out and log back in again.

• The one at the top is what you are referring to as the "global search bar" I guess, but it is labelled as "Search in {vault name}", which is confusing.

That's the one I was referring to actually. When I use that search bar, if it says "Search in [vault name]" then the results are only from that vault. Are you seeing something different?

Now, if you've selected a tag or category, you're correct that the global/top search bar won't limit its results to that tag or category. That's what the second one is for, finding something in the current list.

I'll look into the other two more.